• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are Animate CC videos rejected for low quality?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created animations in Animate CC. I use Adobe Media Encoder to convert to video using the adobe stock preset for H264 1080 without audio. However, All my videos that I upload via FTP to adobe stock as a contributer have a yellow warning saying that the quality is too low. How do I improve the quality? What is the best practise to create a video from animate CC. Thankyou

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For better quality video, I would use After Effects instead of Animate.

Also see Adobe Stock Video Requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/video-requirements....

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By chance, what is the size in Mb for the videos?

I know that animations with single colour backgrounds are an easy target for compression, so the file size is quite small.

The file size may be an indicator to video quality, but it is not an absolute measure.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Abambo, Thank you for your reply.

The animations do have single colour backgrounds. Saving from Animate or After Effects appears to result in the same video quality.  (with all the correct requirements - thankyou Nancy). An mp4 is about 500k. The .mov is about 4mb for the same 10 second animation. I have a yellow notice on the mp4's for 'low quality'. Should I proceed with submitting anyway? The videos look great when I play them in quicktime. Just wondering if adobe will reject them because of the notice automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video quality is based on resolution (height x width in pixels), bitrate, and level of compression used to reduce filesize. 

Media Encoder User Guide

https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/user-guide.html/media-encoder/using/video-audio-encoding-compr...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use 25fps. 1920 x 1080 size. H.264 High compression and Lossless bitrate. But I guess because the animation is very simple with a plain background, it appears to be 'low quality'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines