• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are files rejected? [Technical Issues]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious why an image like this would get rejected. I provided model releases for both models as well as witness signatures, etc.

[Edited by moderator for clarity.]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Hi @romancephotos , 

You did not say what was the reason for rejection that was given to you. 

These are really nice images - well focused. The cropping is a bit too tight. Cropping the man is not an ideal composition.

You need to add more light in the shadow areas. Also the highlights are a bit too high. You probably could add just a slight warmth.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1617837780952.png

There is a slight blue cast in the shadow area. That shows in the woman's face. And on the man's fist.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1617837960148.png

The highlights is too high causing details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @romancephotos , 

You did not say what was the reason for rejection that was given to you. 

These are really nice images - well focused. The cropping is a bit too tight. Cropping the man is not an ideal composition.

You need to add more light in the shadow areas. Also the highlights are a bit too high. You probably could add just a slight warmth.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1617837780952.png

There is a slight blue cast in the shadow area. That shows in the woman's face. And on the man's fist.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1617837960148.png

The highlights is too high causing details to be lost at some edges. 

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1617838060853.png

I can see that you tried to utilize lighting. However you might need to improve with the use of fill lights so that you do not have very black (harsh, hard) shadow areas in your photos.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JG, they didn't say the reason why they rejected them, just that they are rejected...  But it's not just those that got denied...  Here are some from that set that they declined as well...  I consider my work to be high quality so I am lost on this one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @romancephotos ,

Please follow the instructions below to find reason for rejection. 

On the top black menu bar of your contributor account click on Uploaded Files.

On the new page, below the black top menu bar click on Not accepted.

Click on the thumbnail of the rejected file on the left of the page.

Read what it says on the right of the page.

Let us know the information there.

Please Note:

There is also a link from the e-mail notification that takes you there.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @romancephotos ,

I must admit these are among the best images I've seen in this community, and yes I realize you take professional images. I have not seen another in the community that utilizes lights as you do. Working with white however can be a little tricky. It is easy getting blue cast. In your case it is subtle. You have to zoom up to 100% or even more to see it you do not have the eye for it. Put your images beside a white image and you clearly see the difference.

Working with bright light can also be tricky. bright lights tend to cast harsh shadows that takes away details. Printers will just read those areas as blank black. You have to make sure you have adequate fill lights and that they are placed at points that will eliminate harsh shadows. Otherwise use natural lighting and reflectors.

These are really nice. try the adjustments and re-upload. Even those that are poorly cropped, still re-upload after making the corrections. Sale for those might be limited, but I believe there're market for them. It is just that they cannot be placed in the center of a page, but can be used in a border, and at the left.

Of the two above the issue is the same with the one I could view - a slight blue cast. The composition of the last one is good. I could not get 7178 open. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really DO need to tell us the rejection reason. Which Adobe really DID give you. It may be very broad like "technical issues" - that is the most common reason, but if you don't tell us we could waste a lot of your time in guessing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always a refusal reason given. If I remember well, there are 10 different reasons that are sent out when a picture gets refused. The moderator, however, selects only the first reason he or she sees.

Abambo_1-1617892540908.png

Abambo_2-1617892552814.png

Abambo_3-1617892573979.png

These are only some of the refusals I got. The reason is quite broad, but nevertheless it's a hint where you need to look.

From what I see: You have a problem with the white balance. Also, to a lesser extent: Give room to the left and right and the top of the pictures.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine show up as "Techniquel Problem"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @romancephotos ,

My description covers that refusal reason.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone guide me what is the issue in this picture? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Anjeliekhan,

I see you have created your thread with this, which is the correct way to do.

People wanting to help should do so here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors/my-stock-picture-reject-for-tecnical-issue/td-p/12...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines