• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my vector image thumbs getting color saturation increase?

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded my vector images to numerous platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, Shutterstock, Creative Market, Tumblr, etc.  The color always stays true to my original.

For some reason, when Adobe Stock creates thumbnails of my images, the color saturation gets uniquely cranked up. A subtle gray-green can turn into a bright, gaudy kelly green. A nuanced red becomes an oppressive hot pink, etc. 

I spend a lot of time fine-tuning my color schemes to be lovely and harmonious.  It's a bit soul crushing to see such a dramatic conversion.  I upload in RGB. Does anyone know if uploading CMYK files circumvents this problem?  Any other solutions?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have faced the same problem but I can't get any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same. Regardless if they are RGB or CMYK, all my uploaded vectors appear dark and over-saturated. Is this going to create a problem for customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's recommended that you supply the JPEG preview, in sRGB, rather than letting Adobe make a bad one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you.
So, is that a separate jpeg or an embedded one with the eps (or zipped set of files like other sites) and, can I upload an additional file later to existing files?

thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You create a sRGB JPEG file from your Ai-file. You pack both in a Zip and upload together. It is not possible to upload separately a JPEG preview. If your files are still in review, delete and resubmit. If they are approved, you need to judge if you want to delete and reupload.

I suggest also to contact contributor support. Maybe they can help you with existing approved files. Need help? (stock contributor support) 

I'm moving this to the contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines