• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my Photos get rejected?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted two photos and they got rejected citing quality issues. Can I know exactly what I need to change so that I can submit them again?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the dark blue sea waves photo, it is underexposed and appears pixelated when you zoom in on the details.  The underexposure most likely is fixable, but I'm not sure the pixelation is.  You could try some noise reduction and sharpening to see if it's possible.

For the Beach Deck Caribbean photo:. There are many inconsistencies and changes in texture in this photo that are consistent with AI generated photos.  At 100% view I noticed that some of the lights appear not to connect to anything, there are boards of the railings missing or incomplete, the texture between the water and pylons is noticeably different, there are several areas that have ghosting.  On a practical level, this photo isn't able to be corrected I'm afraid.

The deck area of the photo is underexposed and the photo needs some sharpening as well.

I hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Both of these are AI images, aren't they?!

Read this about AI images:

Generative AI submission guidelines - Adobe Support Community - 13549435

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both look like they're taken with a small sensor camera, perhaps a mobile phone? Blurry, exposure problems and lack of detail.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO you need to work on composition fundamentals. See link below.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/photo-composition.html

Beach Deck Caribb... is too cluttered.  The viewer's eye is distracted by too many elements.

Dark Blue Sea Waves suffers from the opposite problem.  There's nothing that grabs the viewer's attention.

To succeed at Stock photography, your pictures should tell a story and invite viewers into the world you've captured through your lens. It's one part solid photographic technique and 3 parts art.  Keep working.  You'll know it when you see it.  🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem, and how AI images can be recognised. You can't call it a photo!

Beach Deck Caribbean missing.jpg

Beach Deck Caribbeanstructure.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in fact submitting "Generative AI Illustrations," be sure to submit, title, keyword and describe them as such so everyone knows exactly what it is.

As a customer, I would be very upset if I paid for a photograph and got a machine-generated picture.   Read the "Generative AI" submission guidelines and follow them to the letter.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beach deck is clearly AI Generated and based on the image I'm guessing it's from some free online AI. There are lamps floating in mid-air, lamps attached behind, in front, above, and below wooden railings. There are parts of wooden railings coming from and going in all different directions. The flag is not a square or rectangle but rather some kind of trapezoid. I don't mean to be rude, but did you even look at the image? Dark blue sea is out of focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me emphasise: if these are AI generated you MUST NOT call them "photos" in stock. They must be called "illustrations" and you must follow all the other Adobe rules for AI work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines