• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why not accepted by Intelectual Property if I am the true autor and owner of the PIC?????

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got very sad on finding to know that MY PIC was rejected by IP issues. I am the true autor and I own the exif file to prove it. The person shown is a silhouette, not been able to get reconized. How can I fix this? Or how can I prove to be autor and owner? Thanks in advance guys.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it's something in your title or keywords... can you let us know what they were?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure! i am newbie here, so i still dont know how to get access of the keywords on a rejected image, but the description was: Sihouette of a woman in Madrid during sunset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am the true autor and I own the exif file to prove it."

When it's rejected because of IP, it's not because they don't believe you're the author, but because of content.

As @Test Screen Name mentioned, it's possible there is an issue with some keyword or the title, as IP is not limited to what's in the picture. Or it's too similar to some trademarked illustration, maybe.

" The person shown is a silhouette, not been able to get reconized. "

It's tricky, sometimes. I've had the same problem a while ago with a silhouette where the person was not even exactly from profile, but a little from the back.

Some say that if the person can recognize him/herself, then a model release is required. In this picture (as in mine), it could be argued that the woman could recognize herself, though it's does not seem obvious.

That said, the woman is clearly out-of-focus, so it would most likely be rejected for "technical issues" anyway.

MNiessenPhoto_0-1638283833238.png

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if they made a mistake. By the way, "IP issues" is not talking about who owns the photo. It may mean

- there is a trademark or any identifiable business or brand in the photo (including clothing)

- there is a recognisable made object (building, car, sculpture) in the photo 

- that this seems to be an illustration - the illustrator must sign a form. 

None of these seem to apply - unless you did say it was an illustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personaly see no reason for IP refusal. On the other hand, technical issues can be seen.

1a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The test for determining whether a model release is required is whether a person would be able to recognize themselves in the image. I believe this woman would recognize herself. If she posed for you and is someone you know, ask her to sign a model release.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines