Exit

Why Rejected for Technical Reasons? [WAS: hello all]

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Topic edited for clarity & robot translators.]

Ahoj!

I'm new to stock photography thingy, can some expert give me any insights about the reason my photos got turned down? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the first thing is - Adobe TOLD you why they rejected the images. Messages like "Quality problems" "technical issues", "IP violation", "artefacts" and many more. So please, for each image, share the exact reason that they gave. Because if we guess, we could waste your time by guessing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just quality problems. this stock website is the worst i have tried so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what Stock Sites did you try and what exactly was there better?

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every stock site has its own rules. Some sites accept any picture, but you do not have sales. Other sites do accept more pictures, but sales are low, and your pay-out share is lower.

I love a more stringent review, but better sales and a higher share per sale. And when looking at the quality of some accepted assets, I even think that the review is sometimes not stringent enough.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Quality is a very important issue. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The photos you posted here as an example, do not quite meet the quality standards I'm afraid, not even in the art of photography. There are a lot of issues, that others have pointed out. Lens flare in the last three photos isn't good here, exposure, etc. That's why they were turned down!

As you are new to this, read more about photography in general. What makes a good photo? This is a huge question!

Photography is more than pointing one's smartphone at something and just tapping on the shutter button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

besides that what previous users wrote it also could be if you did not give also a Model release alongside with the photos that this also could be an issue.

Also before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html  https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I included the model release.

I have ssen the guidelines.

I dont get why there has to be so much formality. You will try to convince me why next, and I will reply that it is too much. Let iy be, let it flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if you read the guidelines and follow those it should be no problem to get more representable Photos. Always have in mind that Stock Photography is not the same as Landscape or Portrait. Many users want to use those photos for commercial use so it has to be of good quality. Its more about how those Photos can be used for Advertisements, Posters, Flyers, etc. If you have such in mind it should be going better over time. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at just a few of the photos, I see exposure, focus, noise and contrast issues. I assume you submitted model releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like big issues? critical issues? I dont see them. maybe they are not perfectly perfect, but I like them, I would use them. Dont you think they are beautiful anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I like them, I would use them. 

By @Pedro Afonso Diogo

You can use them. No problem. I would need better quality picrures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyway, they lost a lot of quality in here. its a photo platform and they lose quality. awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can see any fault at all, don't waste your time submitting them. Adobe want technically perfect, world class commercial photography.

Why so much formality? Adobe's customers check every pixel is perfect - I don't think you did that. Adobe's customers complain and Adobe's reputation suffers, so Adobe will not touch imperfect photos. Many beautiful photos don't make the grade. Your photos are great memories in nice places, but are not world class photography.

Really, each photo needs to be carefully planned, expertly composed, photographed with the best equipment you can afford (understanding its limits), and sensitively post process in Photoshop etc. Snapshots from happy moments need to be kept for memories and shared in social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyway, they lost a lot of quality in here. its a photo platform and they lose quality. awesome

By @Pedro Afonso Diogo

No, they do not lose quality by getting uploaded.

Your first picture has 4000x6000 pixels. Seen at 100%, you see that the focus is not sharp, you have a high noise level and chromatic aberration (arrows). The eyes area is underexposed (cloud) because of the shadow by the cap fall.

Chromatic aberration can be easily corrected, the noise needs a delicate approach, the shadowed area can be brightened, but will enhance the noise situation, the soft focus can't be corrected.

Abambo_0-1675599305437.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snapshots are OK for sharing with friends & family on social media.  But that's not what Stock customers come here for.  Adobe's customers are paying for highest visual and technical quality to use in commercial projects like billboard & magazine ads, TV commercials, movies, merchandise like T-shirts, calendars, tote bags, etc... 

To be a successful Stock contributor, think about what the customer will buy.   Have a look at what other Stock Contributors are doing in your keyword category. Is your work as good or better than what's represented?  As a customer, would you buy it?  What would you use it for?  These are important questions to ask yourself BEFORE submitting to Adobe Stock.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can start by discarding these triplicates containing unsightly lens flares.  These images can't be salvaged.  Unless you want to stick them on your wall. 

image.png

Lens flare is a common technical mistake among amateurs who point their camera at the sun. A good way to ruin your camera's sensitive light sensor, not to mention your eyes. 

Best practice while you're learning is to keep sun directly overhead or slightly behind your shoulder.  You'll get better pictures that way.

If you're serious about learning photography, consider taking some structured courses online or at your community college.  Join a local photography club and practice, practice, practice. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's also have a look at your second picture:

• Window/door: either you use the window as a frame, and you get all of the window in the picture, or you try to get rid of that.  
  • The dog dominates the picture, but dud to his movement, he is not sharp.
  • The woman's face needs the eye's area lightened.
  • The background is disturbing, a landscape format instead of a Portrait format would have been better.
  •  There is a high noise level in the darker background area. You will need to edit out the disturbing patches: Abambo_0-1675600965754.png
  • The asset is not as sharp as it could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines