• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why these of my photos getting rejected ?

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please someone can tell technical issues in these pics, why these of my photos getting rejected ?

 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Blur and underexposed shadows. In order to capture the high dynamic range here due to the dramatic difference between sunlight and shadow you could have captured bracketed images and merged them in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

First is not sharp:

Abambo_0-1642094808936.png

Shadows need a lift. Artefacts.

In addition, and that has been said with your first submission:

You need to photoshop the logos, and you need to have a model release from the people in the image.

The second picture needs a geometric correction or a level correction: the building is leaning backwards. The picture is not sharp. It contains artefacts, especially in the shadower areas.

Shadows also need a lift. And you didn't photoshop out logos and other identifiable info

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blur and underexposed shadows. In order to capture the high dynamic range here due to the dramatic difference between sunlight and shadow you could have captured bracketed images and merged them in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First is not sharp:

Abambo_0-1642094808936.png

Shadows need a lift. Artefacts.

In addition, and that has been said with your first submission:

You need to photoshop the logos, and you need to have a model release from the people in the image.

The second picture needs a geometric correction or a level correction: the building is leaning backwards. The picture is not sharp. It contains artefacts, especially in the shadower areas.

Shadows also need a lift. And you didn't photoshop out logos and other identifiable information:

Abambo_1-1642095197868.png

You need a model release from the people in the picture.

Your Camera should be able to produce better pictures, looking at the specs. Set your camera in manual mode, shoot raw and use a tripod.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respected, I have a question about, How can I make a model release of stranger standing in my pictures ? Even I can't see & recognise his face in pictures then how need a model release ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know who is in the picture, or cannot get a model release, you cannot make money from the picture. You need to choose your pictures to avoid this problem.

The test is not "can YOU recognise the person", it is mightTHE PERSON RECOGNISE THEMSELVES. Because, if they can remember their clothes, or where they were that day, they can sue you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I remove strangers in pictures to sort out this problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course. If you have the Photoshop skills to remove a person without leaving a flaw in the scene, it's okay to do so; however if it's going to take a long time to do such editing, I wouldn't bother because you still might never sell it.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As we are doing pictures for stock, we can edit the picture as needed. This is not the National Geographic, where photographers are required to present pictures as shot. 

But all edits need to be in such a way that nobody suspects the picture being edited. So blurring a face is not enough...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines