• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why this pic was rejected

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to know why this pic was rejected? They said "this image doesn't meet our quality standards." What is wrong with this pic? 😞

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Participant , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Hi, the clouds are overexposed causing a total loss of detail in some of them.  That could be the problem.  You might be able to fix it by reducing the highlights level in your editing application.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

The white of the clouds is burnt, it seems unrecoverable. There is also an imbalance between the pink of the bougainvillea, the ground, the shrubs. Lack of contrast and over exposure. Look at the histogram of your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Hello,

The histogram is a great tool!

If you use Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or any other photo editing app, bring up the histogram. It shows you the tone display - black to white. For example:

Screenshot 2022-09-23 080859.png

Your above shot shows the pixels piled up on the right. This indicates overexposure - it's too bright! The clouds have no details, they are just a white blob!

You should aim more for an even distribution of the pixels. At the centre of the histogram are your mid-tones. Here the pixels are rather fl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Hi @Cintia Oliver Rich ,

The photo is overexposed. The details of the subject is lost, and it appears you over-sharpened the image.

I suggest you read up on this link to get some guidelines from Adobe.

Also, you need to take a look at the seven tips you need to know to get your files accepted.

And these additional information will help you to find issues and correct them before uploading.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

It was really too exposed! I saw it in the histogram. I corrected it, resubmitted and it was approved. Thank you very much to all 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

I lowered the exposure and on the clouds I used the stamp tool in photoshop to give some pixels on the white clouds, it worked, it was approved haha thank you very much 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the clouds are overexposed causing a total loss of detail in some of them.  That could be the problem.  You might be able to fix it by reducing the highlights level in your editing application.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white of the clouds is burnt, it seems unrecoverable. There is also an imbalance between the pink of the bougainvillea, the ground, the shrubs. Lack of contrast and over exposure. Look at the histogram of your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is, in general, overexposed, and the white clouds, as others have noted, are blownout and unrecoverable, so I wouldn't spend any more time on this image. On my cameras, (Canon 5D Mark III and Mark IV), there is an option to show "blinkies", i.e. overexposed areas on the camera's LCD display. It takes just a quick glance to confirm that I need to adjust shutter speed and perhaps exposure compensation and shoot again. This type of scene would have benefited from shooting bracketed images and blending them in LRC or PS.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lowered the exposure and on the clouds I used the stamp tool in photoshop to give some pixels on the white clouds, it worked, it was approved haha thank you very much 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It's good to hear that the input that we provided allowed you to re-edit and submit the image successfully!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clouds are overexposed, the photo is not focused well and the blue saturation needs to be increased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The histogram is a great tool!

If you use Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, or any other photo editing app, bring up the histogram. It shows you the tone display - black to white. For example:

Screenshot 2022-09-23 080859.png

Your above shot shows the pixels piled up on the right. This indicates overexposure - it's too bright! The clouds have no details, they are just a white blob!

You should aim more for an even distribution of the pixels. At the centre of the histogram are your mid-tones. Here the pixels are rather flat.

You need to look at your histogram. This shows how your pixels are displayed from dark to light.

Read about histograms from Adobe:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/how-to-read-a-histogram.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Cintia Oliver Rich ,

The photo is overexposed. The details of the subject is lost, and it appears you over-sharpened the image.

I suggest you read up on this link to get some guidelines from Adobe.

Also, you need to take a look at the seven tips you need to know to get your files accepted.

And these additional information will help you to find issues and correct them before uploading.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to know why this pic was rejected? They said "this image doesn't meet our quality standards." What is wrong with this pic? 😞

[a moderator merged this post with your duplicate one. Please do not hijack other forum posts, with your pictures. Each refusal situation is unique. Following the threads will be confusing]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refusal reason is “technical issues”. If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was really too exposed! I saw it in the histogram. I corrected it, resubmitted and it was approved. Thank you very much to all 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, to judge the exposure, the histogram is your best friend.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines