• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was my photo rejcted?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was hoping someone can give me some feedback on why my photo was rejected. 

Any feedback is appreciated and I hope you have a great night.  Snow Two.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What adobe said it was one or more technical issues. I'm trying to figure out what the technical issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M_Lambert,

The highlights is too high, drowning the subject. Also the composition is not good. In addition to the technical issue, the subject is out of focus.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, as Jacquelin mentioned,  the composition is not good - what are you trying to show, what does this image say, how would the buyer use this, what could they use it for? You need to ask yourself these kinds of questions.

The image is overexposed - the background is just too bright and the subject is out of focus. Not much you can do with this image I'm afraid.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree on the technical issues (it is overexposed and it is out of focus), I disagree on your comments about composition and possible usage. The picture clearly shows a detail of a winter scene, with some snow caught between the leafs. That's actually a popular type of composition, which is used in Christmas cards, calanders or as a background to achieve a winter mood. So, personally I can see a number of reasons why somebody might use a picture like this, but, as said, I agree that the technical quality is not sufficient and (btw) the two main groups of leafs should be a little bit more centered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The composition also includes the background. Here, the background is way too bright.

The composition is also a "Technical issue". The snowy leaves are lost in the background.

Secondly, the eye is lead out of the frame by the branches:

Composition.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear M_Lamberti,

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yours. NO plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of multiple possible rejection reasons.

I am not an Adobe employee nor anybody to convince you about anything, I am just a volunteering dude trying to help people blowing off some steam when their work is rejected.

In other words, trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully will produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

Vences

FocusFocus

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines