Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was my pic rejected for intellectual property reasons

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the following pic of the town hall in Pamplona, Spain, was rejected for intellectual property reasons.

20140814-P1110302 - Jakobsweg.jpg

When I search for "Pamplona" in the Adobe Stock pool I find several pics of the same object in different variations. So, what was my mistake?

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

You won't be able to get this image through. The IP rejection reason are the logos and business inscriptions on the stores.

But that is only the first, basic rejection reason. A second rejection reason would be that you would need to have a model release from each of the persons in the image, who's faces are recognizable. So as long as you will not have a picture without people, it is impossible to get this one accepted.

As Adobe acquired Fotolia, there are still a bunch of pictures on-line for sa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You won't be able to get this image through. The IP rejection reason are the logos and business inscriptions on the stores.

But that is only the first, basic rejection reason. A second rejection reason would be that you would need to have a model release from each of the persons in the image, who's faces are recognizable. So as long as you will not have a picture without people, it is impossible to get this one accepted.

As Adobe acquired Fotolia, there are still a bunch of pictures on-line for sale that do not follow the more stringent Adobe rules. Those pictures will be reviewed and eventually deleted from the database. This is a huge task, and I suppose there is currently no pressure to do so in a hurry.

The "old pictures" problem is not only true for Adobe, but also plays for other stock providers as privacy rules improved over time and also intellectual property rules are more and more enforced by the property owner. You can't for example send in a Coca Cola bottle, but I'm sure you will find such elements in the database.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines