• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was this photo rejected for focusing and artifact issues?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this title states why was this rejected for focusing and artifact issues. Shot with quality lens at F11 on a tripod so its tack sharp. Or maybe a trained eye can see better than me. I'm scratching my head confused.

2206203H5A0067.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, f11 and a tripod does not necessarily guaranty a tack sharp image, but this is. My guess is, that it is slightly underexposed.

Abambo_0-1665416244485.png

I would correct exposure, lift the shadows a tick and resubmit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Heather26520867wid4 ,

This is a nice shot unfortunately there are some lost details due to focus issues.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1665454727090.png

It is also noisy. The noise is most visible at the area of the background mountains.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1665454892992.png

To find these issue you need to zoom in on your photos. Zooming between 100 and 200% will show-up most issues. 

You may take a look on Creating Better Photos For Adobe Stock for some tips that will help you to improve your upload. You may also take a look at these additional tips.

Best wishes

Jacqeulin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Personally, I think rather than focusing/artifacts issues, I would go for white balance. The shot has a magenta cast to it. The first thing you need to do is correct your white balance! For me that is the main issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Personally, I think rather than focusing/artifacts issues, I would go for white balance. The shot has a magenta cast to it. The first thing you need to do is correct your white balance! For me that is the main issue!

By @ricky336

That's something I can agree with. I find the white balance pleasant, but it may well be that it is a bit too much on the magenta side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @jacquelingphoto2017 , the shadows have lost details. They need to be lightened up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white balance is definitely not neutral.  Whites should be white, not pink.  Trees should be predominately green, not red.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

https://photographylife.com/how-to-correct-white-balance-photoshop

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the color.  It's a classic "golden hour" magenta tint.  The focus looks pretty good to me too.  I think setting the white and black points then bringing up the shadows a little is all I would do.  I'd print it and frame it if I were you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding white balance again, speaking from a printing point of view (I used to print colour photos professionally) if this were printed as it stands, it would not meet quality standards. The colour balance would have to be corrected before it could be sold to the customer. The customer would complain about the colours if they were given this for sure!

Below, the white balance has been corrected:

Screenshot 2022-10-11 165651.png

I think the reviewer may have chosen the wrong category. It happens! 

Nevertheless, it all comes under quality.

Another point, especially for stock, the colours should be neutral; hence the use of coloured filters and effects is not recommended when submitting photos for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just commiserating with you. Looks like a nice photo to me. I've been submiting for over 3 years. Some photos I send I think stand little chance of making it due to extra processing but they make it through. Others I have done like you, tripod, high f-stop, etc., everything looks to be perfect and then it's rejected. I just submitted 6, all rejected. You don't get details so it's your best guess as to what the issue is. Can be frustrating for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others I have done like you, tripod, high f-stop, etc., everything looks to be perfect and then it's rejected.

By @Donnie M II

If you look at the comments here, you see that it does not look perfect.

You don't get details so it's your best guess as to what the issue is. Can be frustrating for sure.

By @Donnie M II

Moderators can't give you a detailed critic of your picture. For efficiency reasons, they reject at the first fault they see. No need to continue in that situation.

As a contributor, it is your job to upload only perfect pictures. Moderation is done to protect the buyers of stock assets from assets of low quality, not to tell you what is wrong with your picture.

Nobody loves a refusal, but I have to admit, that most of my refusals I get are correct. And every so often I can correct the error and resubmit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't get details so it's your best guess as to what the issue is. Can be frustrating for sure.

By @Donnie M II

And this is why this forum exists. 😊Here you can indeed get more details, as outlined in this post!

One may not agree with the comments, but nevertheless, the comments are valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines