• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why was this photo rejected

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually don't ask this question but with this image I'm legitimately curious why this image wasn't accepted. I think it might be just edited to the point that it doesn't work for Adobe Stock but I'm not sure. The reason I was given was technical issues

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Hello,

I also think it is 'flat' as @George_F pointed out. You need more contrast and vibrancy. Also the colour balance is too blue. It needs to be warmed up a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this to be a lighting, contrast, and composition issue.  The photo looks a bit flat to me, I'm not finding anything that is catching my eye here lighting or contrast wise.  I'm also wondering what the main subject of the photo is?  The overturned car, the puddles of water, and the trees all seem to have equal emphasis put on them.  The photo also seems to have the slightest blue color cast to it, but I don't suspect that was the reason.

The photo seemed acceptably sharp, and no excessive noise or chromatic aberrations that I spotted with a quick glance through.  I wonder if the car was centered and closer, or the puddle was centered and closer, if this would have made it through.

I also wonder if the car would cause an IP violation?

That's all from a fine art landscape perspective, I hope this helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rebel Yell Photography ,

I like your composition, but it is underexpose and there are blue color fringing in the highlights.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also think it is 'flat' as @George_F pointed out. You need more contrast and vibrancy. Also the colour balance is too blue. It needs to be warmed up a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top middle portion of the sky appears to have blown highlights. I would reduce the highlights and lift the shadows, as well as warming up the white balance a bit.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at the histogram, you will see that the picture is missing blacks, which leads to this flat look that got pointed out by @ricky336 and @George_F. Contrary to George, I think that the file is missing sharpness. And either it's the rust or there is a high noise level. I wonder if the initial processing included a lift of the exposure.

The car itself will barely trigger an IP violation because there are no logos in view and to me, the car does not show typical brand signatures.

The composition is good, and to answer @George_F's question: I had no doubt that the car was the catching element in the view. I think it's a nice picture, but I doubt that it will finally pass because of the lack of sharpness and the noise level. But you can try to tweak some parameters (like the flatness, white balance) and resubmit. If it fails again, you need to address the sharpness, which will be difficult, however.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines