• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why were my illustrations rejected ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two Illustrations and 15 more got rejected, all for Quality issues, well all my other illustrations i have uploaded so far always got accepted. Now my question, what do i need to change on these Illustrations because i dont understand what the problem is and what tool would you recommend. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

@thisispeak wrote:

Hi Dieter (?),

Ultimately only Adobe Stock will know the answer to your question but having looked quickly, my thoughts*:

1. The images are sharp/in focus but (and this might be what a previous respondent might have meant, rather than out of focus) the extremely shallow depth of field, which we of course expect with a close-up, might not place the areas of critical focus in the best place, in the eye's of the reviewer. So, it might be a case of moving the focus, stopping d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are photos or are they illustrations? They are out of focus. If they are illustrations it should be easy to keep the hearth of the blossom sharp.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrations are typically math-based vector graphics from Illustrator or Inkscape.  They have sharp details and crisp edges and are submitted as EPS, AI or SVG file types. 

image.png

Photographs are pixel-based raster images from Photoshop, submitted in sRGB color mode, saved as JPG or PNG file types.

I could be wrong, but your images don't look like Illustrations to me. They look like photos from a camera.  Read the submission guidelines for photography below.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dieter (?),

Ultimately only Adobe Stock will know the answer to your question but having looked quickly, my thoughts*:

1. The images are sharp/in focus but (and this might be what a previous respondent might have meant, rather than out of focus) the extremely shallow depth of field, which we of course expect with a close-up, might not place the areas of critical focus in the best place, in the eye's of the reviewer. So, it might be a case of moving the focus, stopping down to increase depth of field and using hyperfocal distance to best effect or of course using focus stacking.

2. There are artifacts but of course I don't know if the image you've uploaded here is the same as that submitted (see attached screenshot).

3. Of course, finally, there is always the caveat of (in the reviewers eyes) a lack of creative or commercial value; I've not read their submission criteria but I expect they are at liberty to reject anything they like, if they feel they don't need or want it in their library. That's not me expressing a view on your images but just an observation re stock.

Hope some of that's helpful

*I'm working on the theory these are photographs or will be seen as such but I notice in other questions you use the term illustration again, so not sure of this is a matter of translation (If images are digital illustrations, AI or other, it might be worth clarifying for people in this/future questions?)

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thisispeak wrote:

Hi Dieter (?),

1. The images are sharp/in focus but (and this might be what a previous respondent might have meant, rather than out of focus) the extremely shallow depth of field, which we of course expect with a close-up, might not place the areas of critical focus in the best place, in the eye's of the reviewer. So, it might be a case of moving the focus, stopping down to increase depth of field and using hyperfocal distance to best effect or of course using focus stacking.

No, when I say "out of focus" I mean "out of focus". 

C75B7AE3-49AF-4D7E-9FD1-4FD3238395ED.jpeg

The focussing problems may be caused by focus stacking.

"Dieter" sounds German or German speaking, so yes, the translation theory may be true. 

3) Commercial appeal is a different refusal. That is probably not the case here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No offence was meant when I referred to your comment, so appolgies if I've caused any with my post.

For me out of focus would mean pretty much the whole of the image or at least the 'main subject' (debatable of course) is not focussed or is blurred, which lead to the observation I was trying to make – some of the image on first glance is apparently in focus (just), so was suggesting this might need looking at, the choices made about where to focus and aperture used etc.

I'm assuming shallow depth of field was the intention with the shots and obvously I don't know if this image is focus-stacked.

I'd not spent ages looking at this but looking again at the pixel information I'd love to know more about it, is it a straight image or a hydrid (photo-illustration, seeing Dieter's other questions on here); is there perhaps some slight motion blur that's been attempted to recover, etc…

3 – yes, it does say 'on quality' doesn't it, which does imply technical but having not ever submitted to Adobe Stock I don't know the langauge they use, so would have to defer to others…

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines