Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why were my photos rejected?

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can somebody tell me why my photos were rejected?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what reason was given for the rejection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marianne-Deiters Technical issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you why your pictures got refused: technical issues. But normally that's what you tell us, and we tell you what technical issues. It's obvious here:

1: Your main subject is out of focus, you have artefacts, and you have a logo on an industrial building(IP refusal).

2. Washed out colours, no details.

6. Nothing in focus, washed out colours. If they were in focus, you would have needed to photoshop out the boat's name and get a model release from the people in the boat.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kirsten5FB7 , one issue are artifacts as seen here:

1.jpg

This might have been caused in post processing when reducing the highlights and increasing shadows or when adjusting the exposure on the sky. Do you shoot in RAW or JPEG? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RALPH_L  Hi Ralph, thank you very much for your answer. I always shoot in RAW 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooting RAW is great, you now still need to get your main subject in focus, with the lowest ISO possible and a correct exposure (time and opening).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still need to practice a lot haha thanks again! @Abambo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a shame that all of these images from Keukenhof are blurry since you had such awesome skies. I had rather dull skies each of the times I visited. If this is an ongoing problem (lack of sharp focus), perhaps you should verify that your lens is calibrated to your camera body.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the sky was perfect! It was a beautiful day. Unfortunately the pictures are not quite how I would have liked them. But practice makes perfect 🙂

What do you mean by verifying if my lens is calibrated to my camera body? Because I think the lack of sharp focus is an ongoing problem while the settings are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera model and lens model do you use? It's possible that your camera doesn't support recalibration. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Canon EOS 4000D 18-55 mm DC III

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kirsten5FB7 ,

Just to comment on the out of focus issues. Question: Do you use fully auto-settings, or partial auto-settings?

You need to hold the shutter button halfway down for a few seconds before pressing it completely to take your shot. This is especially important if you use auto-focus. Not understanding where to place your focal point can also result in total or partial out of focus. If you use incorrect aperture settings for the scene you shoot can also cause partial out of focus. 

You might find the link below useful for calibrating your lens. This info may vary from brand to brand, hence you'll also need to consult with your manual. If you do not have a physical manual then you may search on line for one for your brand and model camera.

https://youtu.be/aAiGyl5CKlQ

I hope you find it useful.

Best wishes,

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use partial auto-settings. Thank you so much for your information. Very useful! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to shoot all manual. If you have difficult light situations, you should use bracketing. And check the focus at 100% on the camera screen. Reshoot when you see that the picture is out of focus. You can also adapt for different openings. The best with static objects like windmills is that they rarely run away. So, you have all your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kirsten5FB7 ,

It's good to hear you find my post useful. I believe your semi-auto settings might include using auto-focus. This does not work perfect every time, hence you have to pay attention. I set my cam to beep when focused, but also you need to look for a steady light indicating that the focus is properly established. And remember to hold the shutter button partway down for a few seconds for the camera to establish the focus and other parameters before pressing completely. It's easier getting focus if lighting/exposure is correct. Exposure is best set manually since slight light changes tend to confuse automatic settings sometimes. There might be other settings on your camera that will enhance focus. Read though your manual about all the settings, even those you might not care to use right now.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kirsten5FB7 ,

I believe the main issue has to do with too much of a wide aperture for landscape and placing your focus at the wrong point. For example the last image (that would have otherwise been a very beautiful shot) has too much sky included to be a landscape photograph. It is clear you placed the focus at the horizon, hence it got lost in space.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG, thank you so much!! I will apply the feedback 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Kirsten5FB7 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a DSLR, or a smaller type of camera? The sensor size makes a big difference. It looks to me rather that the sensor size is small - hence getting artifacts when enlarged. It could also be the combination with the type of lens you have. If you have a DSLR camera - for example a Canon DSLR 'C' type sensor, plus the kit lens that came with the camera - the kit lens isn't that good unfortunately, and you'll get rather unsharp photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I use a DSLR. You describe my situation haha I have a Canon DSLR and use the kit lens that came with the camera. I think I need to look into a different lens. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this lens as I had the 18-55 (first lens). The results I got from this were rather the same, so that made me wonder. It's the lens rather than your focusing.

You could look at the Sigma range or other third party lenses that have a Canon mount. You'll need to do some reading about the lens quality. I would get another lens. You will notice a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm going to read up. Hopefully I will find a good lens but also an affordable lens. Many are unfortunately way over my budget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go for a used one! I know people dumping their gear, nearly like their underwear. They always want the newest, the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines