• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Withdrawing money

New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem whereas I live in the UK and am a UK citizen but when I've try to withdraw money out in the past it asks for American tax details which I obviously don't have. I have a payment pending for some reason but no option to do anything with it and I'm not sure if that's the full amount I have save as I've had this account for years.

I'm looking to close my account once this is eventually sorted so if anyone could help that would be great.

Steve

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SG,

I assume you did complete the relevant tax document at the time of starting your account, and this was validated. I will try to get you additional help.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if the tax document is asked, obviously it has not been done...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember doing it when I was with fotolia but that was many years ago and I cannot remember how I did it but I remember it was really difficult . obviously with me being in the UK our tax details are different to what is required within the USA period we have completely different forms etc and governments so nothing matches up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tax formalities means that you prove you are a British citizen and that GB has a convention against double imposition.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi SG,

On the black menu bar of the contributor page, click on Contributor Account.

Scroll down to Tax Information and look to see if Validated is beside Status.

If not you do not see validated there, follow the information below to download and complete the relevant form.

If your status is validated please let us know.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it seems that you have to complete a US tax form called W8-BEN and declare that you are a UK taxpayer. This will avoid paying US taxes at the full rate 30% I think. You have to read about this type of form.

Tax basics for non-US citizens at Adobe Stock

I think the UK has a double tax agreement with the US. (Most countries do.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines