• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You can copy images from other sites and sell them

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like an answer, this contributor Monster_Design, takes vectors from other sites and sells them can you do?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The copyright holder for each image can file a DMCA report. Hopefully a few reports will cause Adobe to block the contributor and their earnings. Maybe they will also sue them for breach of contract, we live in hope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand, all of the images shown, including so called "original" is a blatant violation of Marvel's IP. I don't think anyone (except Marvel) has a leg to stand on if their copy is copied. I have no idea how Adobe could consider image https://stock.adobe.com/images/collection-of-spiderman-icons-set/497112906?prev_url=detail as acceptable illustrative editorial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to believe that a reviewer accepted these without an IP release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I copy vectors from other sites for editorial use, can this be done? I would like someone from adobe to answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe staff may also reply, but NO, each contributor must agree (legally binding) that they have all rights to what they submit. New contributors, by the way, may not submit illustrative editorial at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why can he do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why can he do it?

By @black84914247

Because no moderator saw that the contributor is copying. It's a breach of your contributor agreement if you publish art that is not done by you. There is no exception for Illustrative Editorial content.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find this in Adobe stock ? I don't see the Adobe Stock logo.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the images you will see that they all say EDITORIALE. This means that a Buyer can use them only for news articles. They are NOT available for commercial use.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand for editorial use, but the vectors were not created by him they are taken from other sites, can this be done? I do not think so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand for editorial use, but the vectors were not created by him they are taken from other sites, can this be done? I do not think so

By @black84914247

It's not legal and the one copying could face copyright cases. Here on Adobe stock, that person could be banned and stripped of unpaid dues. In addition, Adobe or the rights-holder may be able to claim damages.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines