Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your account has a validation status issue. Support stonewalling

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can get my contributor account back?

I haven't uploaded in years and my images were ticking along making a few dollars here and there. At this point, I only logged in to request a payout.

Well, today I logged into my account to find this message; “Your account has a validation status issue. You should Contact us.”

I had no warning prior to this that there was an issue with my account. I wrote in and quickly received a form letter in response stating that I had violated Adobe’s terms or submission guidelines and that my account was terminated.

I wrote back to ask what I had supposedly done as I have not uploaded any image in years and, therefore, couldn’t have violated any terms. Rather than offering any information, I was stonewalled. He would not discuss the issue and the decision was final.

I can find no way to contact anyone else to ask for help with this issue or to learn more about why the account was terminated. Does anyone know how I can contact someone other than through the support form? I tried the 1-800 number, but it’s only support for Creative Cloud.

Or, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get an account back when it has been flagged in error?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

I just want to clarify just in case, that this is a user to user forum and we are Community Volunteers here and not Adobe Employeess.  Unfortunately your only course of action is to contact Adobe Contributor Support and wait for their reply.  I'm not sure who you spoke with or whether it was via chatbox or email, but if you haven't already your best bet is contacting Adobe Stock Contributor Support by emailing contributor-support@adobe.com or by visiting Contibutor Support  and either using the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to clarify just in case, that this is a user to user forum and we are Community Volunteers here and not Adobe Employeess.  Unfortunately your only course of action is to contact Adobe Contributor Support and wait for their reply.  I'm not sure who you spoke with or whether it was via chatbox or email, but if you haven't already your best bet is contacting Adobe Stock Contributor Support by emailing contributor-support@adobe.com or by visiting Contibutor Support  and either using the chatbox at the bottom left or filling out the "Contact Us" form.  You may very well have been chatting with Adobe Contributor Support already.  If that is the case then perhaps an email might be best.

It may take several weeks or longer to go through the process.  Definitely check your spam folders in case the reply goes there mistakenly.

I hope it works out 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Thanks for the guidance. I went through their website and used the Contact form, which judging by the email on the reply goes to contributor-support@adobe.com. Every time I message them, I get the same support rep.

And, when he wrote back, he wouldn't provide me with any specifics about the issue saying that he was prohibited from doing so. He also told me that no further steps are going to be taken. My account has been terminated and that's final.

So, I don't know where to go from here. I tried writing back to ask why they wouldn't give me any information, why I never received a warning message (I checked my spam folder), and why I wasn't being given a review as others have said they were given. At this point, the message is going unanswered. It appears they are done discussing the matter with me and won't even give me the courtesy of a response.

I know that this is a forum with Community Volunteers, but I have seen others post here about this issue and that, in their case, it seemed to have been resolved. I just hoped that, perhaps, someone could give me some insight on where to go from here, because I am at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unaware if your situation is different than the others that I've heard about, but I would be pretty surprised to learn that an account was banned without at least being given a reason.  Are you certain that an email didn't come through and get filtered as an ad or spam?  I have certain forum emails that get filtered as promotions for instance.

Regardless, I would anticipate a reply via email from Contributor Support, even if it echos what you've already heard.  I would also expect the reply to take some time, several weeks or longer even.

I'm sure it must be nerve-racking, but your only option is to go through the process and wait for a reply.

I hope it works out!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct, the form and the e-mail are one and the same. I do not know what lets you think that the decision is final, but first there is the take-down, then, when you contact, starts an investigation and at the end of the investigation, you will get a qualified answer. From what I've seen until now, the answer is not a predefined answer, but customized on the case.

And, when he wrote back, he wouldn't provide me with any specifics about the issue saying that he was prohibited from doing so. He also told me that no further steps are going to be taken. My account has been terminated and that's final.

By @HRDoubleU

But if it's terminated and that's final, then it is.

I wrote back to ask what I had supposedly done as I have not uploaded any image in years and, therefore, couldn’t have violated any terms.

You could have violated the terms a long time ago, by uploading other's work, or you could have boosted your sales with illegal means. Or you could have uploaded fake model releases. Or something other, that I don't know.

I'm not saying however that you have done that. We have no insight into those discussions, and we can't help with this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and either using the chatbox at the bottom left

By @George_F

I doubt that contributors should use that chat box for contributor help. I suspect that box to be there because it is the Adobe website standard template.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you have to wait several weeks like me to receive something even if you didn't violate any terms of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Paragraph 9.1 of the Adobe Stock Contributor Agreement it is stated that Adobe can terminate your account without prior notice.

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Agreement-en_US-2... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines