Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

zip doesn't work anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone -

so, yesterday I uploaded some vector files (no ftp transfer, simply via browser) - as always a zip file with jpg and eps (I had problems with the color when i just uploaded eps, and someone explained, that I should upload my own jpg...)

Today, however, Adobe says, that my zip file is an invalid file. Can't upload anything.

Is this just a temporary problem? Or do i have to upload eps files only from now on (which would be a real pain in the a*** - because I always save my eps files with the size of 2500x2500 - which also won't be accepted by Adobe)

Thanks

Greetings

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work for me, so it is not a general problem. Try it again. If that does not work create a simple test file to upload and try that. If that does work look what is different.

The best system is to upload the ZIP file as there are effectively colour problems with the standard Adobe vector to jpeg convert.

2500x2500 (pixels?) will, however not be enough as a 15Mpx picture is needed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your answer,

sadly nothing works 😞 First I tried to reupload my files from yesterday (they have been accepted) - no chance. Than I made a simple eps file with 5000x5000 pixels zipped it, same problem. test1.JPG

that's all I get ^^ it says:

test1.zip was not uploaded because the file does not have a valid file type 

The only thing that workes was uploading a single eps - but as always with wrong colors.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, nevermind - I just uploaded from another computer - the same file, so I guess there is something wrong with my zip programm ...

thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You created the zip on a different computer?

Your zip file should only contain the vector file and the jpeg file. Nothing else should be in the zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took both files, the jpg and the eps via usb to another computer and zipped it there - and it worked. So I guess there is something wrong with my zip program ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into the zip and check if there are more than 2 files or if the extensions are not what they should be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me  - >

test2.JPG

I always create the jpg and eps from the same Illustrator Action, so there shouldn't be a problem with the file itself.

I also tried WinZip insteadt of the preinstalled zip program of Windows - but no success with that.

How confusing ... -.-'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did my test with 7-zip. Try uploading the zip from the second computer from the first one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice, I tried that, but when I upload the "other -computer-zip" via mine, it doesn't work either ...

I also tried other browsers like Edge and Windows Explorer - I normally work with Firefox.

I have no idea what to do next, maybe set up the computer *puh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what helped was a system recovery - now all files work again. I have no idea what caused all this ...

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines