ADOBE STOCK CONTRIBUTOR

New Here ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i AM TRYING TO FIND WHERE YOU POST YOUR PICTURES FOR CRITIQUE, ALSO CALLED SHOW AND TELL. I have looked everywhere and find the titles, but can't find how to upload the photos for critique. Has anyone used this? I was told to do this by Adobe Stock as I keep getting rejected for Noise or over processing. Any help would be appreciated. I guess I found one place to put a picture. I don't see the noise. EATING BREAKFAST.jpgTROPICAL SUNSET.jpg

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ADOBE STOCK CONTRIBUTOR

New Here ,
May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i AM TRYING TO FIND WHERE YOU POST YOUR PICTURES FOR CRITIQUE, ALSO CALLED SHOW AND TELL. I have looked everywhere and find the titles, but can't find how to upload the photos for critique. Has anyone used this? I was told to do this by Adobe Stock as I keep getting rejected for Noise or over processing. Any help would be appreciated. I guess I found one place to put a picture. I don't see the noise. EATING BREAKFAST.jpgTROPICAL SUNSET.jpg

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2017 0
Szalam LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a moderator moved your post to the right forum!

You've got some nice composition, very strong subject matter, and beautiful colors.

However, (and I am going to try to put this in as polite a way as possible), these images are very poor quality.

I could kind of understand not seeing the noise in the osprey image because it has obviously had very heavy denoising applied, but even so, it is very oversharpened. At full zoom (look at it at 100% zoom instead of looking at the overall image), it looks really bad.

And, when you're looking at it full-sized, you should also see this noise:

branch.jpg

Look at all the weird smudging in the sky around the edges of the branch. Also, while we're looking at it, look at the branch! There are no details. It almost looks like it's been through an oil painting filter or something. It's been overly smoothed, overly sharpened, and just all-around destroyed.

Now, I could understand how someone looking at the full view of the bird image wouldn't see any problems if they didn't zoom in, but I do not understand how you can't see noise in the boat image. It's very clear even when the picture is zoomed out, but look at it at 100% and it's almost painful.

boat.png

Look at the boat! It's very, very "jpeggy".

Even worse, look at the sky where one should see very smooth colors.

blue.png

Note: I haven't blown these images up larger to show this detail or anything. This is just viewing them at 100%.

Again, you've got some great subject matter and colors, but the overall quality is just blow to bits.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2017 2