• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock have a massive chip on their shoulder

Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock don't just reject a pic on the basis of lack of size or definition...they've just rejected pics of mine for the following mendacious, insulting reasons:

(I should specify that all photos submitted are my work, Adobe!)

1. Model Release Missing

this is the picture of a girl with a religious banner in Naples, Italy. This is a picture of an unknown person in a public space, Adobe, release does not apply...

2. Lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal

applies to two rejected photos - one of a coot diving, the other of an eccentric woman, also in Naples, Italy. Lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal? that's for me to judge, Adobe Stock, not you.

3. Intellectual Property Violation

picture shows female journalist interviewing a personality, also in Naples, Italy.

All the pictures in Naples, Italy, were at a public event, in the street.

Thank you ever so much, Adobe Stock, for your crude, overbearingly patronising, arch, haughty attitude.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

You need a model release for any person who is recognizable. Please review our submission guidelines, and information when model releases and property releases are required.

Your files are reviewed by a trained moderation team that evaluates your content based on technical and aesthetic quality, commercial viability, and whether you have evidence of all appropriate rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your candid feedback. It sounds like you may be confusing the Royalty Free Commercial Use license we are selling with an editorial use only license which we do not accept.

Any recognizable people in an image must sign a model release before we can accept the content. The same applies to intellectual property and trademarked items.

As far as aesthetic appeal is concerned, yes that is certainly subjective though over the years we have gotten a pretty good sense of what has a chance of success and what does not. I would encourage you to post an example in the critique forum to get some constructive criticism from other photographers.

To avoid further confusion regarding releases and IP issues, please review our legal guidelines here: tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need a model release for any person who is recognizable. Please review our submission guidelines, and information when model releases and property releases are required.

Your files are reviewed by a trained moderation team that evaluates your content based on technical and aesthetic quality, commercial viability, and whether you have evidence of all appropriate rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines