Exit

Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal of Image

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got "Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal of Image"

"Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it doesn't have the aesthetic or commercial appeal we're looking for, so we can't accept it into our collection."

This photo is flower Why? I got it?

Best Regard,

P1070257.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

It's a pretty flower, but the photo composition isn't compelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty flower, but the photo composition isn't compelling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find you and your whole team [inappropriate remark] and very subjective only wanting a certain look for your catalog.  With other catalogs out there, I am proud to say we are done with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WarithNiallah  wrote

I find you and your whole team [inappropriate remark] and very subjective only wanting a certain look for your catalog.  With other catalogs out there, I am proud to say we are done with you.

Um, I don't work for Adobe. I am just a user like you. So this isn't MY catalog at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing the race card in this manner makes you look unreasonable and it diminishes the suffering of people who are actually being oppressed. Every time this objection is misused, it's taken a little less seriously and, when alerted to a case of legitimate injustice, society may one day just roll its eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are responding to a 7 year old thread that apparently is now lacking any context, as it began by someone merely asking for an opinion as to why their flower image was rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed. Seven years is a long time for someone's ill-advised race-bating to remain on-line without someone having yet called it out. I hope it's still there in seven more years, and my response along with it. Calling the "legend" Szalam a racist because he gave a luke-warm crituqe to her composition was intolerable and people ought to appreciate that consequences endure, don't you think? . I guess Adobe will decide how long it stays there, and when it's no longer worth commenting on. But, as for the context, need I remind you, "il n'y a pas de hors-texte"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Janos Thanatos ,

I've locked this thread now, so nobody can answer anymore, until unlocked.

@WarithNiallah is not the OP of this threat and had or has a personal grudge with Adobe and @Szalam. I've checked his account, his last post was from 2017. A repeated post like the above would have been a reason to report this user. You can do so by hitting the report link.Reporting for 6 years old posts however makes no sense.

Thanks for standing up and defending the people's rights! You're welcome to denounce such behaviour in the future, either by publicly posting, like here or by sending a PM to a forum moderator or by reporting the post, where an Adobe employee will follow-up.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines