• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my photos were rejected for intellectual property refusal?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im new to the world of stock images and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why all 100 photos I submitted were rejected for intellectual property? After reading what it has to say, I can see how a handful of photos of tourist attractions or a particular street art photo violated this - but the remaining 80 or so photos were natural landscapes or closeups on flowers or animals. I fail to see how any particular tree, rose, or duck is intellectual property.

The only other thing I can think of is this might be because I left a signature on the photos. Am I not allowed to "sign" my photos when I submit them on this site? I've included a link to my DA where I kept a collection of my photography before I decided to try out selling them. Most of the photos I attempted to upload here are on there, and then some -> Photography by boodles95 on DeviantArt

If this is the case, is it possible for me to try re-submitting these photos only without the signature, or will they be rejected again because they have already been rejected?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

The watermark you added will result in a rejection every time. There are other issues with your content however. The boats you have photographed have clearly identifiable names and license numbers. This will also result in IP rejections.

Please take a moment to review our legal guidelines for additional information: tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would think that these refusals are most likely due to the watermark you have applied.

If you where the customer purchasing the images would you want the photographers name written all over them?

Perhaps try another batch of 10 or so to see how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signature is a 100-% refusal. The good news is that you can correct and resubmit. My strategy would be: Select pictures that are great, sharp and have no artefacts. Submit those. And wait what happens. Next analyse if there are refusals. If you can't explain post the picture here. We will have a look at it and may be we find the problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The watermark you added will result in a rejection every time. There are other issues with your content however. The boats you have photographed have clearly identifiable names and license numbers. This will also result in IP rejections.

Please take a moment to review our legal guidelines for additional information: tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines