• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are manipulated images not allowed?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upload a series of images I manipulated as follows: the background in black-and-white, the subject in its own color. As an example this iguana from Costa Rica:

DSC_4675_result.jpg

The image is rejected with a "Technical Error".

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

The way I have understood the documentation I have read here is that they favor unprocessed, or lightly processed images. It does make sense they expect the people to be shopping for images in Adobe Stock to probably be people who actually own Adobe products already, and the market for images that can be manipulated is probably higher than for those that are already manipulated.

Something that would be neat would be to allow for an image to have child images, that are manipulated versions of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I have understood the documentation I have read here is that they favor unprocessed, or lightly processed images. It does make sense they expect the people to be shopping for images in Adobe Stock to probably be people who actually own Adobe products already, and the market for images that can be manipulated is probably higher than for those that are already manipulated.

Something that would be neat would be to allow for an image to have child images, that are manipulated versions of the original.. these could be more expensive, the person who submitted the original image would still get the commission for their image, while the person who made the manipulation could get a smaller commission. If you did both then you would get both commissions. Unfortunately something like that would probably be pretty hard to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much like your idea of having a 'mother' image with a chain of manipulated ones! But agreed, that will be a hard technical nut to crack ...

As for the argument that customers would do their own processing: do they have the same inspiration as I had, and secondly, would they be willing to invest the time? Seeing that someone did it for them could be a big advantage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines