Are there any errors in this image?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queda D

The above image was rejected by the Adobe Stok moderators. How can I go through their analysis and put my photos up for sale?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Are there any errors in this image?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queda D

The above image was rejected by the Adobe Stok moderators. How can I go through their analysis and put my photos up for sale?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 01, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the highlights in the waterfall are clipped. (Overexposed) you might want to check the histogram.

Cool picture though.

greg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergio,

Firstly, what was the rejection reason? (Technical issues maybe?)

Secondly, I think white balance could be a problem - it's a bit too green. I think it is also oversaturated and too much contrast in the picture. And as Greg mentioned, the highlight in the water is burnt out. I don't think this can be recovered.

Queda+D

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 2
Advisor ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SergioRocha,

This is beautiful finished work of what I call Photo Art. You are not just a photographer but a retouch artist too.

It pains me to say, however, that this product is finished - leaving no room for a buyer to adjust it to their specific project. As has been stated here many times on this forum, we suggest contributing photographers take an excellent picture and not process it but submit it unretouched to  Adobe Stock.

As rickey336 mentioned, the white areas are too strong. Perhaps go to Photoshop filter - Camera Raw - you can select (with lasso tool) the photo's area needing toning-down and use the sliders to bring a softer white there.

I think I see areas where you have cut and pasted parts of photos - most particularly in the foreground section of the waterfall. It appears you have a collage of many photos put together in layers. Sometimes it works perfectly - almost too perfectly. I sell some of this art as surrealistic art.

Now, this forum gives you ideas about why a photo might be rejected but you did not tell us the original stated reason for rejection by Adobe reviewers. For now, I was only able to say what I see and how these things I see might bring you a rejection.

If you are unable to fix this photo and resubmit it to Adobe Stock, I suggest you have your final finished photo of this printed on a large canvas by an online or local quality printer and offer it for sale in a gallery. Be sure it is saved at 500 dpi for enlargement sharpness.

So that you may study the guidelines Adobe has printed for contributors information and training, I am putting a link here for you to look into and discover the many limitations of offering things for public commercial use. Wishing you well. JH

You can find information similar to what you have requested at this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/rejection-reasons.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2018 2
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thank you for allowing us to analyze your image. Unfortunately, during our analysis, we noticed that there is post-processing and / or excessive noise and therefore we can not accept it in our collection.

Excessive artifacts / noise can be caused by poor lighting, poor camera settings, heavy compression or excessive post-production.

If it was due to post-production effects, be aware that our customers often prefer to add their own special effects, filters, or black-and-white conversions to meet the needs of their projects. Therefore, adding these effects beforehand drastically reduces the market for your image".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2018 0
ricky336 LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, one could say it is 'overcooked' in post-processing. I thought it looked a bit oversaturated etc.

When post-processing, be careful not to do too much editing - only the basics.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2018 3