• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are you happy with this deal?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your thoughts on Adobe taking 65% of the profit? Yes, you, hard working freelancer trying to make ends meet in the ever competitive gig economy. You who supports Adobe by paying your monthly subscription to use their products. You, o' loyal customer, who takes the time and energy to go out into the field with your hard earned equipment and capture beautiful shots. Are you happy with your 35%--or less?

Did you think they would throw you a bone? Because I did. And besides, let's face it, without you Adobe Stock wouldn't even exist.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw they are taking a HUGE amount if you try and sell. So they charge you for the membership, then charge you for selling your work. Not a small percentage, but basically all of it, considering you do all the work, buy the equipment, rent the software from them, they do nothing but list it for sale!?!?!?!  What a rip off. No thanks Adobe. 

I thought apples 30% was bad, but Adobe says, "30%, ha! no try 65% from us..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/paul+campagna  wrote

I just saw they are taking a HUGE amount if you try and sell. So they charge you for the membership, then charge you for selling your work.

Hi Paul,

What is your problem? Adobe does not charge contributors.

And when you do not want to contribute, don’t. For me personally, Adobe is the most profitable stock provider. But the stock market is not a very profitable for the occasional contributor. If you contribute, contribute in huge numbers.

Adobe, as all the other providers, are providing the platform that allows me to sell my pictures. If I wouldn’t have that, you would not be able to buy my pictures.

Don’t contribute if you do not want to.

Abambo.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to contribute, but i am not giving Adobe 65% of the profits from my work. Simple really. They are ripping you off if you sell here.  Go anywhere else on the planet and see if your cut on profits (by doing all the work and buying all the equipment) is 35%. Oh and your paying them to use their software already...

It's robbery, but hey, if you like to get paid very little for your work and time, then that is your choice. My choice is to not give my hard work and time away for peanuts to a company that already makes billions.

This is beyond ridiculous in slapping the contributor in the face. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and your paying them to use their software already...

You do not need to use Adobe software to contribute.

I'd love to contribute, but i am not giving Adobe 65% of the profits from my work. Simple really.

Are you contributing anywhere? I've contributed also on a site that would have given me a 50% share - I did not sell much, so 50% of not much is near to nothing.

Adobe is currently my best paying site...and the one where I have the most sales. The runner-up is nearly with the same number of sales, but less per picture, so that there the due is about the half of what I get from Adobe.

You may contribute or not, that is up to you, but the terms are not negotiable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple. I will not let Adobe take advantage of me. I am not even going to attempt to sell my stuff on adobe, because of the loan-shark-esk terms.

I have more respect for my own work and time, then to let Adobe make all the money off my work, while also making money off the software I use to make said work. They are double dipping and it's a slap in the face to creatives.

If you are ok with the limited "cut" you get, more power to you, but they are taking advantage of you and other people with their payment structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are wrong! Simply wrong.

Royalty details for contributors to Adobe Stock

But let's play the game: A different stock provider says earn up to 30%... and as I said, I'm getting more from Adobe for the moment. It's not the percentage that is important but the final payout.

And uploading is easy and effortless, so why not using it. I can't pay my camera and would do more with marriage shots. But also there, people who have an expensive camera think they can do photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What comes to mind is swings and roundabouts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul Campagna, You do know you can sell a single stock creation many other places and again and again and even have that work in a gallery offering prints for sale. So, not so bad. I have had a gallery hang my work and never sell a thing for six months and then something sells and they take 60 - 80 % of the sale price. No use having hard feelings. Adobe is the owner and sets regulations and pricing and you may choose not to offer your stock through them. One way to get paid more is to own a studio gallery and take all the money for yourself. Let me know what you decide to do. Best wishes. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, if YOU are ok only getting 35% of the sale price for your work, congrats. To me, it's a slap in the face for creators.

Simple as that.

I am not going to put my work on Adobe's site and accept the crappy compensation.

I have a problem with Adobe making more money off my work, than me. If you don't care, then you are working for Adobe and they are throwing you bread crumbs. Congrats on making them more money while being taken advantage of.

Like i said, if you don't feel like that is you being taken advantage of, then that's more of a problem for you. I refuse to participate.

you can stop talking now, you are not going to change my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What stock providers do you submit your pictures then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can stop talking now, you are not going to change my mind.

And so another phrase comes to mind...never the twain shall meet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines