Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artefacts or noise?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

quite new in the Adobe Stock Contributor's community, I want to itroduce myself first: My name is Miguel, and I come from Germany. Since I am a big fan of the Canary Islands and the Swiss alps, I want to share some of my pics at Adobe stock in the next months.

What I already see, among several accepted images, is that some pics become declined due to "artefacts/noise". However, most on the declined pics do not at all contain noise. I even more have the clue that some automated algorithm detects spreading water drops or sun reflections in the water as artefacts - although these are important (and wanted) parts of the pics.

Here are two pics being recently declined for "artefacts/noise". What do you think?

20171023-IMG_2238p.jpg

20171030-IMG_4514p.jpg

Any support is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Miguel

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Yes, that is correct. All images are reviewed by human beings. No robots involved.

I took a look at both files at 100%. The ocean shot, my best guess is the moderator saw the ocean spray at 100% and mistook it for noise. It's a common subject so they can't spend a lot of time studying this type of image. I've overruled the decision and put the file online.

The other beach shot is OK but there is definitely noise in the mountain range. All images have noise and this wasn't a particularly offensive

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that waterdrops, sand and snow can turn out to be artefacts and noise when a robot is reviewing an image. There is some purple fringe along the mountain against the sky though, but I don’t think it’s unusual today. So I would say go ...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to MatHayward​ reviews are done by humans. I would love him to have a look into these, as I find them very interesting. I have not looked into your exif data but I could imagine that a reviewer simply trusted his tools to reject those.

It may be that the second one is somewhere missing a focus point, I can‘t really see that correctly on my iPad.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. All images are reviewed by human beings. No robots involved.

I took a look at both files at 100%. The ocean shot, my best guess is the moderator saw the ocean spray at 100% and mistook it for noise. It's a common subject so they can't spend a lot of time studying this type of image. I've overruled the decision and put the file online.

The other beach shot is OK but there is definitely noise in the mountain range. All images have noise and this wasn't a particularly offensive level of noise. Again, the subject is common however and you have submitted many other general beach scenes that were better in my opinion with the majority of your uploads being approved. I think this one is OK in the reject bin.

noise1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your very helpful feedback.

MatHayward​: Indeed, I am glad that you permitted the ocean shot since I believe it is really an interesting image, well showing beauty and power of nature. The beach scene does not contain much noise either, but I can surely live with it being rejected.

Regards,

Miguel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines