Auto Quality Check This image may have too much compression or noise to be accepted

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a photo that was accepted. However like more than 90% of the photos I upload the inital upload received the yellow  message "Auto Quality Check This image may have too much compression or noise to be accepted in the collection. Are you certain you want to invest time tagging it?"

This is *before* human review, and like I said, this photo was accepted.

I shoot raw with a 7D Mark II and a 5D Mark III. I use Lightroom 6 to process including sharpening and denoise. I've experimented with different processing and export settings, to see if I can find the sweet spot. Most likely to not get auto-flagged seems to be full res images with minimal processing. However even there an image that gets through usually gets flagged if I send a lightly cropped version.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? Is there anything else I should do/should stop doing with my photos? Is there a way to run this test or equivalent locally? Or should I just routinely ignore this message since the photos do seem to be getting approved after I submit. Thanks.

failed autoquality check stock 20180804 _T7A1058 3.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto Quality Check This image may have too much compression or noise to be accepted

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a photo that was accepted. However like more than 90% of the photos I upload the inital upload received the yellow  message "Auto Quality Check This image may have too much compression or noise to be accepted in the collection. Are you certain you want to invest time tagging it?"

This is *before* human review, and like I said, this photo was accepted.

I shoot raw with a 7D Mark II and a 5D Mark III. I use Lightroom 6 to process including sharpening and denoise. I've experimented with different processing and export settings, to see if I can find the sweet spot. Most likely to not get auto-flagged seems to be full res images with minimal processing. However even there an image that gets through usually gets flagged if I send a lightly cropped version.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? Is there anything else I should do/should stop doing with my photos? Is there a way to run this test or equivalent locally? Or should I just routinely ignore this message since the photos do seem to be getting approved after I submit. Thanks.

failed autoquality check stock 20180804 _T7A1058 3.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2019 0

Have something to add?