• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner request for rejection help re illustrations not photos

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my uploads since I recently joined have been accepted but 4 haven't. They are ALL illustrations not photos but I can only find rejection reasons (in the available info) for photos! Can anyone help please? Of these four, Herschel and Whitby name IP as the reason. I drew them all myself in an idiosyncratic style and not that realistic. And the other two name technical issues - all 4 are 300dpi jpgs mostly 3000x3000. I don't mind rejection - that's Adobe's choice - but I don't want to waste their time uploading illustrations that will be rejected so I need to understand. Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector graphics should be submitted as AI, EPS or SVG, not JPG.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

See Property Release

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Known image restrictions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html#ip

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy, for a swift response - but they are not vectors. They are jpgs saved from large Ps Layered files. I already read those documents you mention though, and no where does it explain what might be wrong with me actually drawing (not photographing) an indication of a local building, for example, in terms of IP. Do they think someone else drew it perhaps? Or is it 'play safe' in case a prohibition exists?

But the listening and football images (technical issues rejection) came straight out of my head. Any other suggestions from anyone else too, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

"Private homes and buildings: If you’re photographing, filming, or even illustrating a recognizable property you probably need a property release..."

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've read that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For your IP rejections - so map and Herschel - you drew them right, so I would in this case fill in the IP release form and state that you are the owner of this. As it is at the moment, the reviewer has no idea that you are the author. It could be anyone...

So say that you are the author of these assets and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ricky. Reading what you say in conjunction with Nancy's document in her comment above, I think I may as well just not bother. All my illustrator friends regularly license maps of this kind (with their own drawings of buildings) without having to get the building owner's permission, so I think it's probably not worth the hassle to get this on Adobe Stock. I'll stick to other things! But thanks anyway. Appreciated. And sorry for later reply. Was away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're missing the point that all art must have a release signed by the artist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't entirely missed the point, being a former journal editor and responsible for such things, and a very ex photographer supplying model releases, but the two forms I can download here have nothing relevant to fill in. There is no place to claim ownership of the art - the form wants the house/museum/statue etc owner to sign it. 

As an aside, I think I have worked out that the rejected images on technical grounds are less than 4MB in size once they were saved as jpg at 300dpi. (Am I right?) That's because there is a limited colour palette, so there's not much I can do about that. They are already 10" square. Onwards and upwards! Thanks for commenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html#Intellectualproperty

"Art/artifacts

For works of art and artifacts including those you’d find in a museum, you need permission from the artist .... If you are the artist, submitting an image of your own artwork, a property release is required."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines