Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cabbage White Butterflies Feeding on Showy Milkweed

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cabbage White (Pieris rapae) Butterfly _DSC8445 .jpg

This image was rejected for Technical Issues.  I rarely have rejections, and when it happens I have been able to isolate and corret the problem.  This one has me stumped...any duggections or input?

The original file posted was 14.58 megs, and I had to reduce the size to half that to post on this forum.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

It's a lovely image; I'm assuming it was rejected because of the soft focus on the front wing of the left butterfly. Also, I don't know if it was your intention to darken the surrounding area, but the upper left part of the image shows some streaking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

@jamesn77628587 It's a very nice shot, indeed! I think @Jill_C is right about the focus being soft on the left wing and body, seen here at 100%. It's also just a thin hair too dark to my eye at the center but that is easily fixed.

body-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a lovely image; I'm assuming it was rejected because of the soft focus on the front wing of the left butterfly. Also, I don't know if it was your intention to darken the surrounding area, but the upper left part of the image shows some streaking. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jamesn77628587 It's a very nice shot, indeed! I think @Jill_C is right about the focus being soft on the left wing and body, seen here at 100%. It's also just a thin hair too dark to my eye at the center but that is easily fixed.

body-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both Jill and Jain!  I do tend to the darker side in my photos, and as noted I can address that.  I am surprised that the un-focused area would have solely caused the rejection....but your observations are well founded, and I will clarify that as well.  These challenges to our work product keep me busy, and forces one to pay attention to detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be the sole rejection reason, but it may well be the main rejection reason. Both of your butterflies are out of focus. That's one problem. Even if you tend to the darker side, please note that you are posting for stock and the more information is in your picture, the more use the picture may have. I would aim for a more equilibrated histogram. And the third reason for rejecting this picture could be the noise level, which is quite high.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no discernible noise in the photo, and the right butterfly was in focus.  I did make adjustments to the left-hand butterfly focus, and brightened the photo, as suggested by Jill and Jain.  The photo was accepted by Adobe today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great !  It's very satisfying to be able to rework an image and get it accepted.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jamesn77628587 Hey, that's great news! Thanks for letting us know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is noise:

Abambo_0-1625428942579.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my reply above, I used the word "discernible"...meaning there was no noise that existed to the point that it would bar my butterfly photo from being rejected by Adobe.  The whole point of my posting was to pass Adobe's rigid requirements for both noise and focus, among other factors.  It passed.  At this point further discussion is pointless.  I am now checking out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines