Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't figure why it's rejected

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMGP0040.jpg

Hi, my picture got rejected and i don't fully understand why. I know i need to improve myself but the only reason i get for my rejection is "technical problems".

Can someone explain the reasons? 

Thank you

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello IMGP0040,

Technical reasons are in several areas of concern. I enjoy the emotion and poetic feel of this work. I can smell the Plumeria - my favorite. Lighting and clarity are two important things to consider for this delicate offering.

As a buyer, I want to see the flower in better light and exposure might be the area to work.  I do not want the feature to be blurry. The branches should be more clear also. The hazy background might be okay for the mood. It depends on the reviewer.

You will improve as you learn. Read the guidelines Adobe has set forth for stock contributors. See the information I have placed in this reply to research more on Technical Problems. Then look at your work at 100 -200 % enlargement and see if you can discover the ones the reviewer rejected the work. Best regards, JH

Technical problems can be technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which are usually stated in the reply. These can include white balance, contrast, saturation, chromatic abrasion, and general composition.  Also, consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects. In the case of chromatic abrasion, there might be color fringes around the edges of the image. More details about Technical Issues found at - Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time, i will try to improve my picture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting is critical.  Your subject is underexposed and your camera is pointing towards the sun.   Not a  good set-up.   Ideally, the sun should be at your back and the subject should be fully illuminated with natural or artificial light.   Failing that, you would need a tripod and a long exposure to capture as much light and detail as possible.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi etochy, You have a very beautiful flower taken at sunset. There is no doubt that your subject was underexposed, however that is not a technical issue. Even though I cannot see your image properly because of the size, there seem to be some color fringing at the top right around the margin of the stems and leaves. Although the old school ideal is to have the sun behind  you, with modern digital cameras you can shoot in the derection of the sun with beautiful relustls. However you need proper exposure setting, and relevant gears to prevent lens flare. Shooting sunset and sunrise using an anchor is doing just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without getting too technical, I'll just say that shooting towards the sun has it's own set of problems.  If you're not careful, you could damage your camera's photo sensors.   Proper filters and shooting the background separate from foreground is sometimes better than shooting them together.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, just to add to the comments, technical issues do include white balance and contrast. With this in mind, your image is a bit too cold. It should be warmed up a bit, therefore add just a bit more yellow in the temp slider and just a bit more magenta in the tint slider and just a bit more contrast. Think about these kinds of adjustments for future reference. I don't think this image is worth resubmitting despite the corrections you could do.

In terms of composition, the camera pointing towards the sun is a distraction. It's just a blob of pink light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines