• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caption vs. Title

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock seems to use only the "title" field.

In other agencies, the "caption" field is taken as the image description, and some of them read the "title" as an additional title.

I have several thousands images in my lightroom catalog with long description in the "caption" field, and short text in the "title" field.

What is the best method to upload to adobe stock?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

We do not have a caption field in Adobe Stock. Only category, title and keywords are necessary. If you have metadata in the caption field it's fine to upload. The system will simply ignore it.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If you try a single photo upload you will be prompted to give it a title first. Then the list of words follows. You decide which of these words will help buyers search for your specific offerings. No other choice except you can upload batches all at once and each one will require your title and select appropriate words. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have in my lightroom catalog many (thousands) photos, with title, caption & keywords defined.

These photos are already on sale on other agencies.

On other agencies (all other!) caption is used as the description. title is only a short text.

I did not individually define keywords & description per photo per agency. I did it once per photo in lightroom.

Adobe stock can read the keywords, the issue is that it ignores the caption with the actual photo description

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think you must use Adobe exclusive submission process. Have you tried to upload something to Adobe stock recently? Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not have a caption field in Adobe Stock. Only category, title and keywords are necessary. If you have metadata in the caption field it's fine to upload. The system will simply ignore it.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that.

But it seems that adobe stock assume that the title field will contain a detailed description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't require a detailed description as you have noted. The title is not relevant in the Adobe Stock search. Only keywords. My recommendation if you are adding your metadata before uploading is to use Adobe Bridge as it keeps the keywords in the order you list them. Lightroom alphabetizes keywords which is not ideal for stock as the search tool puts a greater emphasis on the first keywords you list.

Add a simple, descriptive title such as "sleeping cat" then list your keywords in order. You're welcome to have a caption in your metadata for other agency use but it's an irrelevant field for our purposes.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do no consider the marked answer to be correct.

Its a shame that this was marked like this without my control

The answer does include correct information, but it is not answering the question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF this is your question..."What is the best method to upload to adobe stock?" MatHayward is there an answer beyond what we replied? I sent the process I am familiar with. Additional advice? Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when the starting point is that I have an existing LR catalog, defined according to expectations of other agencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines