• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CGI Character Renderings

Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a contributor to Adobe Stock for almost 2 years now. I currently have no less than 20 CGI renderings fictional females characters in my active sales portfolio that were submitted and accepted for sale without issue. Being fictional 3d character scene renderings, none of them required a model release - as they are fictional creations of the imagination which do not represent real people and property.

I am currently experiencing a rash of instances where Adobe is asking me to submit a model release for these 3d character renderings. There is nothing uniquely different from these submissions and the ones already submitted and accepted without the suggestion of a model release.

Here's my dilemma - how do I get a fictional original CGI character to sign a model release?  I spend many hours creating my images and it is frustrating to have an image prevented from being entered into my portfolio for such an obviously misapplication of the "model release policy".  Since other "like" images are submitted and accepted without issue or need of a release, I am at a loss as to how to proceed. The one time I resubmitted a CGI Character rendering where a model release was requested but not supplied - the image became a rejected submission.

Can anyone at Adobe help me with this?

Here are some Adobe images submitted and accepted without issue or need of a model release for the obvious reasons

FILE # 203623791

FILE # 199497989

FILE # 192405815

Obviously none of these renderings are of actual people and places - so they did not require me to submit a release.

This is an ongoing problem for me in regards to Adobe Stock and it is a loss for both Adobe and myself as these types of images have proven themselves as commercially viable.

I would very much appreciate it if some at Adobe could address.

I can only think perhaps a "search bot" is filtering the images for elements that might require a release prior to them being reviewed to an actual person.

I wish to only deal with Adobe Stock, but at this point it may be easier just to find another avenue.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Hi, I am an illustrator and hardly ever use photographs for my renderings - really! I pick up the Photoshop via my Wacom tablet, take the lasso tool and draw the outline of what I am imagining. No copy of anything old or photographed. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did take the time to create a release for the submissions in question, clearly indicating them as CGI representations. The process was very easy and the submissions were approved. Thank You Adobe Stock.

I would only add that if you run into the type dilemma as I described, simply create a release to the best of your ability - there should be no problem.  I found that Adobe Stock isn't trying to encumber me, they are simply very interested in making an honest effort to avoid the advent of future legal issues that are possible in this realm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congrats, Mark. But surely you must use a photo of some kind as starting point for your renderings ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am an illustrator and hardly ever use photographs for my renderings - really! I pick up the Photoshop via my Wacom tablet, take the lasso tool and draw the outline of what I am imagining. No copy of anything old or photographed. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Joan - but you are not creating CGI Character Renderings ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines