• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic cars as stock photos

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot a lot of classic cars, but am confused about copyright issues. I see some car photos with, for example, the Chevrolet logo removed, and I see some with it still in place. Must all logos be removed? Pontiacs have a shallow V as a logo, and I see these all the time. Tried to search for this answer with no luck. ALL searches led to "How to use Adobe products" which has nothing to do with submitting stock photos. Am I searching the wrong area? Seems Adobe stock contributor search should be a separate entity from product user forums.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

This came today from Adobe Staff:

"All assets intended for commercial use and containing recognizable people are uploaded with a signed model release allowing the image to be used commercially within the limits of the license agreement. You may also refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock for more details.

For more details on the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?"

Best r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Sorry to say the copyright laws and regulations are becoming stronger, strict and complex. Part of the responsibility of all contributors to Adobe Stock is to learn these laws and regulations and get and send releases when needed. These stock photos of cars you see on Adobe probably have requested a release from owners and businesses and sent them with their photos. When you submit your photos, a release form for you to sign will appear after the upload if you select the answer - YES - to the question are these ---- recognizable? See guidelines for stock contributors for additional information. Best regards, JH

You should read this guide to help with issues like this and what to watch out for:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Guid e.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched high and low for these answers, and they are always vague at best. I realize it is my responsibility, but no where can I find the answers. Many on line photos on Adobe and elsewhere do NOT have the pics listed as having releases on file. I still need an answer as to scrubbing logos, and which ones to scrub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please click on the guide link I listed in my first note. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind that some of these photos online maybe 'old' and laws have now become tighter for any new images uploaded.

Anything that is recognisable will need a release. The guide that Joan linked will at least give you some idea on what to watch out for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This came today from Adobe Staff:

"All assets intended for commercial use and containing recognizable people are uploaded with a signed model release allowing the image to be used commercially within the limits of the license agreement. You may also refer to Common Questions, Adobe Stock for more details.

For more details on the licensing terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock, please refer to Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?"

Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines