• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about Licensing

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded photos of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Bay Bridge, and the Fisherman's Wharf sign in San Francisco.  All were rejected for "Intellectual Property Violation".

Please take a look at these photos by others:

Are we to believe that all of these photographers somehow acquired permission from the owners of these bridges & sign?  I highly, highly doubt this.  Which begs the question: Does Adobe have a 2-pronged policy about whose photos supposedly violate intellectual property rules?

Very disconcerting,

Robert

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping someone can answer my question.  I see that others have posed essentially the same question, namely why are some photographers allowed to post photos of specific objects yet others are not.  PLEASE DON'T tell me that anyone has gotten written permission to sell photos of the Golden Gate or Bay Bridges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I don't know how are you seeing the Correct answer tag because I haven't tagged it anywhere as correct and also, the thread shows to be unanswered till now, therefore the correct answer button is still available for people to mark it once they find an answer.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies.  I realized the error of my last posting and changed it.  But my edit didn't seem to "stick".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Robert,

In principle, you should assume that although you will find images of the same type in the Adobe Stock database, the copyright is respected accordingly. This changes with time and therefore you can never rely on it. Some of the pictures also "slip" through the selection that shouldn't have been accepted.

It would certainly make sense if you post some of your own photos here to judge the rejections.

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

This photo was approved for sale:

RW2_8986_HDR.jpg

This was rejected on grounds of Intellectual Property Violation:

RW2_4948_HDR.jpg

Just so we're on the same page, the IP Violation is entirely to do with the bridge, correct?

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem may well be with the cars rather than the bridge!  The cars could be identified. In your other image, the cars can't be identified and the bridge itself doesn't seem to be the problem, so therefore they accepted it, but in the second one the cars can clearly be seen! Other people have posted general images, but with cars - like me also, and they have been rejected to IP rights. So, here a familiar pattern is emerging - shots with cars don't seem to pass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting.  Didn't even think about that.  Yet the detail doesn't seem such that one could identify any car or person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think that the cars and people that are recognizable are definitely the reason for the rejection.

A good starting point and source of information is the "Sell Pictures" page of Fotolia/Adobe Stock to avoid such faults in the future.

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines