• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continous Rejections

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted photos to Adobe stock for almost a year now. Furthermore, up to a month ago around eighty percent of my photos were accepted. However, since around a month ago only about ten percent of my photos are accepted. I am using the same camera which is an entry-level DSLR and uses the same photo editing software. I realize my abilities are not professional but a condensed answer I should be improving my skills not getting worse. Simply put does Adobe simply not like the subject matter of my photos?  Has Adobe made more stringent standards? In addition, I have recently stopped my Adobe Premiere Pro subscription and feel this is payback for doing so and not using their service. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe does not punish people in this way. It wants the world's best photos and that would be counterproductive. Adobe do change their standards, but a run like this suggests you changed, without knowing it; perhaps an editing method, or settings in app or camera, or chose a new subject which you didn't realise was more demanding. Suggest you share ONE that was accepted, and TWO that were rejected. These must be the full resolution original files since as you probably know, many faults are only visible at high magnification. Say which were accepted, don't be tempted to play games with that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alanm50225889 ,

If Adobe thinks your subject matter is not marketable you will get a rejection reason that says it. I do not believe there is a direct link between subscription department and stock contributor department, hence the moderator would not know the difference of your subscription status. The rejected files do have fault(s), thus rejection. Sometimes the white balance is a little out, or it is a little underexposed, or some other minor errors that can be easily rectified.

Please upload a copy of about 3 of the rejected images here that we look at and help you to ID the issue(s).

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Load some of your photos so that we can tell you what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roadrunner tail a.jpgKnives edited.jpgDaisy Dog edited.jpgMotorcycle engine edited.jpg

I have posted photos to Adobe stock for almost a year now. Furthermore, up to a month ago around eighty percent of my photos were accepted. However, since around a month ago only about ten percent of my photos are accepted. I am using the same camera which is an entry-level DSLR and uses the same photo editing software. I realize my abilities are not professional but a condensed answer I should be improving my skills not getting worse. Simply put does Adobe simply not like the subject matter of my photos?  Has Adobe made more stringent standards? In addition, I have recently stopped my Adobe Premiere Pro subscription and feel this is payback for doing so and not using their service. 

By @alanm50225889

The first two photos were rejected; however, the second two had been accpeted. Thank you for looking and responding to the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @alanm50225889 ,

For this question, it was not necessary to upload what was accepted here. As for the composition of the car bumper, it is not good. I certainly cannot say what is the subject. It seem to display a small amount of grain/noise and there is color fringing on the edges of the highlighted portion of the bumper. The highlights is also too much and details are lost. The color strips should also trigger an IP rejection.

The knives are not in focus, and also display noise/grains in the shadows.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1622670168577.png

In general I believe your depth of field is too shallow. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines