• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

contributor Public profile

Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thinking... It looks strange that we can add our works to Portfolio from our Stock downloads and at the same time the link to the Portfolio page is nonexistent at our Public profile. (SS for instance has an option of link to our personal sites and thus gives us an opportunity to communicate to our potential customers). Actualy this Adobe policy is at its best looks not thought through and outdated. No photographer will work alacarte at the current Stock prices, I guess this including Adobe Custom too. Are there any Adobe Custom contributors here? What do you think? The exteriour of the public profile page is a separate issue. I wish it were a bit more attractive at least. And again, how come that our public profiles contain "0" info about us?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Hi Maria, 

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it will be appreciated by the product team.

For your "Public profile" page, go to your dashboard. identify a photo you think will be nicely displayed across the page. For example the meat balls, or salmon probably will work well. 

Click on the selected photo

Beside the expanded photo you will see two icons, click on the camera (Make profile cover image), Wait 24 hour for the update. That will improve the appearance of your page, for the time be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

The collections you put together for your portfolio may be displayed by twos at whatever frequency you choose to rotate same if you choose to do so. I do not know how outdated the Adobe policy seem to be to you, I have seen very little variance at other platforms I visit. With regards the appearance of the public profile cover, you are able to add whatever image you wish to the cover page from your Dashboard page. You are also able to customize your public portfolio information. In my opinion Adobe, as an agency, does a good job at managing our portfolios. Therefore I do not spend much time to question their policy after agreeing to work along with it. However if you have any suggestion I believe it will be considered and implemented if the product teem deem it as being viable.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jacqueling.

Thank you for finding time and answering me. And yes, indeed, compliance and loyalty are excellent qualities, yet they aren't the main drivers of the progress. So I usually prefer to ask questions and avoid being stack with what I feel wrong. And I also believe that you got me wrong and there is a mess in terms and features here. The things need to be cleared up a bit.

Here. PF (Portfolio) is a clever and a useful separate Adobe feature. I just started using it and very happy about. But contributors prefer to keep their portfolios in various places, - at Behance, Artstation, 500px, on personal sites, etc. All of these destinations have a possibility of contacting the artists directly or provide links to their contacts.

But I am talking about St (Adobe Stock) now. All contributors have personal, visible both to customers and contributors page with the stock. It has several names throughout the site, - "My portfolio""Public profile", and "Portfolio" (And this is the point there the mess comes from, I guess.) In my case this is the page in link here. In fact, I have no real access to the page, so I can't add or change there anything. And even the cover option doesn't save the day. Personally, I see it as a dull and noninformative. There is nothing about me there, no contacts, no links, just my works. But maybe it is intended this way? I don't know. Do you?

Yet in my view:

1) There should be a professional designer looking into the page exterior. I genuinely believe it could be more attractive or stylish if you wish (without distracting customers of course). Unfortunately, I am not a designer, so I don't really feel competent to give you a more detailed advice on the issue.

2) There should be short optional info included about contributors (and added by contributors themselves), plus the external links to various media, as Behance, twitter, insta, personal sites, PF, etc. Again, I am not Jack of all trades, so there should be a professional looking into it.

I also don't see where the competition with Adobe here. Personally tailored projects cost more than the present stock proposals. Besides, there are customers who wish to work directly with the artist. And whatever good the mediators are, they are got rid off eventually. Or potential customers go to other places. Besides, not all the negotiations are successful, artists are not highly commercial creatures, you know. But at least we could feel flying high versus being herded faceless mass. And maybe, maybe get a private project one day, with the above help of Adobe. You know, it raises the loyalty to a new level. It might be compared to the bonus program to contributors, for instance.

I believe Adobe has financial analytics, PR staff, designers, and all the needed professionals to weight "pros" and "cons". So It would be great if you could pass them my ideas.

Thanks.
Maria

PS. Correct me if I am wrong, but Adobe had kinda "Idea" feature in the past, where contributors could place their innovations and proposals. What happened to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe will improve contributors pages eventually. I'm using the cover image and collection options to make it look more interesting. https://stock.adobe.com/contributor/204705845/archangelworks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kerem. Maybe I'll try cover image too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria, 

Thank you for your feedback. I believe it will be appreciated by the product team.

For your "Public profile" page, go to your dashboard. identify a photo you think will be nicely displayed across the page. For example the meat balls, or salmon probably will work well. 

Click on the selected photo

Beside the expanded photo you will see two icons, click on the camera (Make profile cover image), Wait 24 hour for the update. That will improve the appearance of your page, for the time being.

Your Question

Correct me if I am wrong, but Adobe had kinda "Idea" feature in the past, where contributors could place their innovations and proposals. What happened to it?

I am not sure what had happened. Apparently it was discontinued. I made some enquiry some time ago, I don't remember getting a response. I will ask again.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jacqueling.

Hope they do smth about the page.

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines