• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Portraits Being Denied for Technical Reasons

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im wondering if you can help me understand why some of my best images on Unsplash, arent being accepted by Adobe. It seems like the more creative work with low f stops and heavier color grading seem to get declined for technical issues. Take this photo for example: Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 11.53.00 AM.png

Its been downloaded 4,334 times, so cant be a terrible image. To m it seems like Adobe is missing the boat on creative images, but curious what the community thinks about this? Same with this photo: zachary-kadolph-NRcZvUD8NQk-unsplash.jpg

What is everyone's thoughts on why these were denied?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Noise! At least for the girl. The picture not related to the girl, I did not assess. If you sold that one 4000 times, I congratulate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise! At least for the girl. The picture not related to the girl, I did not assess. If you sold that one 4000 times, I congratulate.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes use Unsplash for placeholder images.  But I don't use them for actual commercial projects. 

I could not use these "stylized portraits" in a million dollar commercial project.  The quality is not high enough for print or video so IMO these are not a good fit for Adobe Stock. 

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for commercial use.  Nothing less will do.  See links below.

Better luck next time. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ZacharyKadolph ,

Adobe require images with sharp edges. Therefore you need to use correct depth of field to get your entire image in focus. Also details are important. Looking at these it seem you also underexposed these a bit. The boys eyes are not visible. That is important in a portrait.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines