Night garden Red Fox Vixen Pup, close up
Got rejected on "One or more technical issues"

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Terry,

I'll give my opinion again here, though you may not agree with it.

I think the framing is still too tight, it's a bit too yellow/red - probably from the flash or outside light source, a bit more contrast, and some vibrance could be added - perhaps something like this:

vixen_fox_DSCF9081correction.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the yellow, not sure what's happened there, there isn't really a strong enough ambient light source to create a cast (small daylight LED for focus only) flash was used and no colour adjustment in post.

I have spent some time now and changed the auto curve to linear curve and made manual adjustments, very difficult to remove the yellow with introducing to much magenta so I've had to adjust the yellow highlights.
Also use some masked/selective clarity, boosted shadows, reduced sharpening (Fox was wet which had the effect of increasing the appearance of structure)
Removed the 1:1 crop to allow a buyer to crop where they choose to
The fox was 12-18 inches away from my face, couldn't move back as I'd have had reflection from the glass I was shooting through and wouldn't want the distortion of wide angle lens really, though in future I should be able to get the fox to be further away, having said that I did submit others which were not so tightly cropped but they were also rejected

Here's my new edit, to be fair I try not to edit much, but on this one I think it needed it, lazy probably as I have stacks of shots of this Vixen Fox Pup

vixen_fox_DSCF9081_2_FB.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask yourself:  Would I buy that image to use in a commercial project?

It's a shame the ears are cropped off.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and yes, however I was deliberately going for the tight crop hence the mealworm bait on the step right in front of me, I do have loads of others not so close up, this one simply gives an option to a buyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines