• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a rejected Adobe Stock Image

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a uploaded a number of photos to Adobe Stock but two of them have been rejected. How do I delete these images?

Thanks,

Kevin.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry but there is no way to delete the record of your rejected content. I don't think it makes a difference anyway as it is not viewable to the public and only present in your personal account.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

If you were concerned you might be re-uploading the same file, the page could serve as a reference point to prevent yourself from spamming which could result in your account being closed. That's just me playing devils advocate. I have over 2,300 rejections showing in my account. To be honest, the first time I've seen the page since the launch of the portal was when I just now went into the account to find that number for this post. My personal practice is to ignore it as the page doesn't help or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors and looping in MatHayward​ to help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry but there is no way to delete the record of your rejected content. I don't think it makes a difference anyway as it is not viewable to the public and only present in your personal account.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does make a difference though. When the rejected images that give no details as to why they were rejected start piling up it is pointless to have them there.

What is the rationale for not being able to remove them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

The rejected images are always there in the account along with the Reasons for content rejection so that the contributor can relate to it later on.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching for the answer to this question. It doesn't seem logical that Adobe locks rejected files...for the sake of the contributor? I can't think of a single reason why I would want to keep them on my account. Personally I don't want to see my rejected submissions. Its a negative reminder that what I submitted wasn't up to par.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%. Especially when my failed rate is about 95% with no real explanation of what was wrong with them. It makes no sense at all.

So now that I have so many rejected ones I actually have to search for the ones that were just rejected.

Just a simple Reject --> Tell us exactly why it is rejected ---- > Let us remove it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've so far uploaded around 60 images and had 3 rejected. Of the rejects a coherent reason has been given each time so I have no argument with that aspect. But it does seem rather pointless for Adobe to retain an image that nobody is ever going to see/purchase. Isn't this just wasting Adobe storage space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered quite a few contributors in the past who try to game the system by reuploading rejected content over and over again. Doing this can slow the review process for all contributors so it's clearly against the rules. Having the thumbnail records of rejected content can serve as a reference point for the contributor to make sure the same files aren't being resubmitted by mistake.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MatHayward  wrote

I have encountered quite a few contributors in the past who try to game the system by reuploading rejected content over and over again. Doing this can slow the review process for all contributors so it's clearly against the rules. Having the thumbnail records of rejected content can serve as a reference point for the contributor to make sure the same files aren't being resubmitted by mistake.

-Mat

How does that stop me from submitting the same photo again? I do have the original so it really is simple to upload again. So what you are telling me is that if a photo gets rejected I can no longer submit it even if I correct the issue? How about the ability to hide the rejected images then so that Adobe still has them in their system but we don't have to constantly see the list grow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were concerned you might be re-uploading the same file, the page could serve as a reference point to prevent yourself from spamming which could result in your account being closed. That's just me playing devils advocate. I have over 2,300 rejections showing in my account. To be honest, the first time I've seen the page since the launch of the portal was when I just now went into the account to find that number for this post. My personal practice is to ignore it as the page doesn't help or hinder my workflow in any capacity. I can't imagine this will be changed moving forward but I've been surprised on many occassions in the past so you never know. This thread has been noted. If I learn of any changes or plans to change I'll be sure to post a follow up.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mat ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat:

Two nights ago, I uploaded some photos and illustrations for the new year. They have the year 2018 as an important element of the design, and the year is located over a complex background (a montage of exploding fireworks). Five were accepted and more were rejected as being "too similar." The thing is, I believe three of the images were rejected because they are similar to files with the year 2016 as a design element. Those similarities are irrelevant, since those files need to be updated with 2018 as a design element in order to be commercially viable.

It is not a simple question of substituting an "8" for a "6" since I originally used an unusual font that I then altered significantly using various layers with other design elements, etc., making it impossible for a designer to update unless they had the original layered file. The year is located directly over other complex design elements (a montage of exploding fireworks), so it is not simply a case of removing the old typeface and substituting something else. I left empty copy space, but the year is an integral part of the design.

In the past, similar files have been excellent sellers elsewhere both as stock and as cards on POD sites (I got them to Adobe too late in December 2015, so past sales here were much more limited).  I'm late with them again this year, but there is still time for them to sell 

The old files are FILE # 91501015  and FILE # 91501021 (online) and Old File ID: 91501030 and File ID: 91501026 (rejected as "too similar to the other two back in 2015). The current rejects are File ID: 183428649 and File ID: 183428647 and File ID: 183428657.

I would like to resubmit File ID: 183428649 and File ID: 183428647, and possibly and File ID: 183428657, but I don't want to be accused of spamming, so I am looking to you for advice on how to proceed. I had a bunch of others that are similar to the 5 new ones online rejected at the same time, and understand why they were "too similar," since I mostly varied the typeface and design elements used for the year. These are very different in terms of feel, layout and background than my other 2018 New Years files.

Thanks for any help on how to proceed here.

Best,

Marianne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you delete the old 2015 and 2016 versions, then resubmit the new ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda, thanks so much for trying to help. I appreciate your advice.

Unfortunately, I can only delete the two old images that are online, not the two old ones that were rejected as being "too similar" back in 2015 and those two are actually closer to the new ones I submitted, since they have a much more similar background. In retrospect, I should have gone in and deleted the old ones online earlier.

Compounding all this, I got vertigo late last year and was pretty ill for nearly a year, so my newest images here until recently were a bunch of New Years designs for 2017 (uploaded in 2016 before I got sick) - which doesn't help when it comes to my portfolio looking spammy, however unintentionally. I'm going to take your advice and delete all the old ones from 2015-2017 anyway, just to clean things up.

Obviously, these images have a very short shelf life, and while I'm eager to get them online as quickly as possible, I don't want to risk my portfolio here by being accused of image spamming.

Hoping Mat sees this soon - he's always a great help.

Thanks again Linda. While this doesn't solve my problem, it is good advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertigo is not fun!

I am not sure what renders a portfolio as spammy? Too many of the same image?

Good luck with getting the advice you are seeking. Have a nice holiday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's very annoying to have to have them on Adobe's site - especially when they have no intention of utilizing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just plain wrong, the contributor owns the rights to those images, Adobe have rejected the use of them, the contributor should be able to decide if they want them to reside on Adobe's servers regardless of Adobe's opinion that it "doesn't make a difference anyway"
If it truly "doesn't make a difference anyway" then there's no reason Adobe cannot allow contributors to delete them is there? after all, who owns them? (rhetorical question)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I correct a rejected picture and resubmit it with a new title?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can Thomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is “Correct”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat. I joined adobe stock a week ago and my first image submission is still under the review process. I have since acquired a photo editing software that would really enhance the quality of the image I submitted. Is it possible to submit the improved image before the review of the first image is done? Or how would I go about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you should delete the file which is in review process and than upload it again.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks v.poth. Your reply was helpful, though while I was asking the

question, my photo got rejected for luck of aesthtic or commercial

appeal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines