Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Depths of Summer (Exposure Issue)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depths of Summer | Hell Run Creek | Manns Woodland Perspective | Flickr

Link above is for the photo in question that was rejected for an exposure issue.

I'd assume the only dig on it from the mods is, it is a BW image with the blacks boosted to give it the mood it has?

I also received another rejection but it listed "technical error". What does that mean?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Overall your photos are nice, but tend to be very close. For example you could include a little more of the surroundings of the river and the water fall. That would tell a little more story about the image. For Man's Woodland Perspective, the Technical issue is the close-up branch in the forefront. If you wanted to include it, you should have move away from it so that it would not be that dominant. As is it takes away from the rest of the scene. In the case of exposure, I believe your rivers hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall your photos are nice, but tend to be very close. For example you could include a little more of the surroundings of the river and the water fall. That would tell a little more story about the image. For Man's Woodland Perspective, the Technical issue is the close-up branch in the forefront. If you wanted to include it, you should have move away from it so that it would not be that dominant. As is it takes away from the rest of the scene. In the case of exposure, I believe your rivers have a little too much very dark areas. It should be as such what's in the shadowy areas can be seen, but at the same time you overall image not too pale, or flat.

Technical error are technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which are usually specified. These can includes but not limited to white balance, contrast, saturation, chromatic abrasion, and general composition. For example in the case of general composition, "Is your horizon straight? Have you cropped the image too much?" You should consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects. In the case of chromatic abrasion there might be color fringes around the edges of the image. More details about Technical Issues is at Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock.

Another thing you need to know, buyers prefer to add their special effect or black and white. Also your editing should be inconspicuous. In my opinion you tend to add a little too much contrast and saturation. Here is a list of Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock.

At tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle are guideline, and tutorial you'll benefit from.

I hope you found this useful

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input, in the future I'll try to give images more breathing room. Especially for the person that may use it. The waterfall in question above was really only 8in or so tall and it was in a very narrow area, a mile walk through the creek to get to it   .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add a little more...

Overall I think your image is too dark. You don't have enough mid tones. Your blacks are just too black. You don't really have any whites. So, from an exposure point of view - it is underexposed.

Secondly, for Adobe Stock, submit images in colour. If it is in B&W, it will almost certainly be rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines