• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing keywords on accepted content

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it very cumbersome to edit existing keywords on existing/already accepted content as one can only input keywords one-by-one and there is no copy/paste possibility. Would it be possible to get the same feature that you have when you upload, also with existing content, i.e. the little slider to choose from list of keywords or a field so that one can "delete all", copy from LR and paste into a field, then rank them in a list?

"Dream" would naturally be to have a fully Lightroom integrated plugin that would sync any amendments in metadata to uploaded content. This exist for other agents, so definitely a possibility.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

No updates, if there is one I will be sure to post about it in the forum. I don't see this happening in the forseeable future. Be careful with your keywords during the initial indexing process. Editing your keywords after your content is online should be an exception for mistakes and not a strategy for visibility.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to suggest that feature.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Request duly noted.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wanting to be a pest and go on about it, but obviously you see the benefits of contributors being able to "tune" keywords and captions after initita upload/submission/approval. One finds themselves with spelling mistakes, having left out relevant keywords, having added some that doesn't belong (by mistake obviously) - so there is a constant need for keyword and caption benefit. Doing this has to be made as easy as possible otherwise one will refrain from doing it.

The main concern is of course the great benefit to buyers as in it resulting in better and more accurate relevancy that translates into the search results for a potential buyer.

So please give us more tools, better interface to be able to get on top of this. If other libraries (Alamy and Photoshelter for example) can have a LR plugin so that you can just upload/sync any changes done to your local LR catalogue with the stock library, why can't you? I want nothing else for Christmas!

Best!

aka Fox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

Referencing previous contributor query "editing keywords on accepted content", has there been any update so that a contributor can copy and paste keywords rather than key them individually?

Many thanks,

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that this is an option that Adobe wants to implement. This would open the doors wide open for keyword spamming.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates, if there is one I will be sure to post about it in the forum. I don't see this happening in the forseeable future. Be careful with your keywords during the initial indexing process. Editing your keywords after your content is online should be an exception for mistakes and not a strategy for visibility.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you. Only started recently and unfortunately now realising mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was about to make a post about this. Love Adobe, but this is the one annoying thing I'm currently dealing with. I hear the point about "editing keywords should be an exception for mistakes and not a strategy for visibility", but my optimistic self thinks most contributors for Adobe are hard working people with not enough time on their hands to sit and edit keywords on their thousands of photos portfolios. Also, stock images a lot of times can have the same idea, people shoot in batches, and correcting all of related images one by one is such a headache. As someone who started not knowing what I was doing, and now investing time into correcting my past uploads, I find it painful to think about all the extra time I'll have to waist not being able to simply copy paste most things... This change would greatly appreciated, if anyone at Adobe is looking for updating their contributor features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines