Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eifell Tower image declined for technical issues

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just posting my first few images and had an image of the Eiffel Tower rejected for "Technical Issues".

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this as the same image has been accepted on multiple stock sites.

File size is over 6mg.

Thanks!

Mike

laTour.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mfhiattphotography, I see that your question is about a rejection of one of your first few posts.

In that case, I will ask you to be sure of two things. Be sure you examine all of your submissions at 100 - 200 % enlargement and be sure you have carefully studied all of the information supplied by Adobe for stock contributors. That includes the legal document you agreed to. You will find these links useful. Best regards. JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Now about this photo, Adobe does not usually approve black and white work - so is this B & W? Then, while the photo is an interesting shot of the tower, there are parts of it that are not in focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

B&W pictures usually don't do so well unless it is a really good excution of B&W. For me this picture lacks contrast. It is a bit muddy. I think you need more contrast and showing more white rather than a muddy grey. (Contrast comes under technical issues.)

Adobe tends to be a bit more picky than other stock sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have several missunderstandings:

• File size is no quality indicator — but a to small file size is an indicator to expect quality issues.
  • Other sites have their own rules and quality checks. What I have remarked is that most pictures refused by Adobe pass other stock providers checks. But when I look in detail my pictures, very often I find some flaws. Sometimes, however, I look perplexed as I do not find the problem.

In your case I have the folloing remarks:

The picture probably does not need to be black and white to be usable, so avoid that transformation. The buyer can convert on his own.

The picture is missing structure in some areas that are pure black, in other areas it’s missing contrast.

Generally, however, I love the picture and the perspective is great.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see it on an iPad - is it sharp? What is the ISO setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem in that sense.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mfhiattphotography

I think the shadow areas are too dark, and also while the image itself is sharp and nice, I also believe that there's an issue with the cropping. The image could be taken wider to include more of the subject of either the full corner balanced with both sides, or the complete arch with both corners include, and possibly a little higher.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines