• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EPS upload

Enthusiast ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't upload EPS-files – vectors. It says my files are too small - but it is normal vectors in normal sizes ..

What can be the matter?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

oleschwander  schrieb

...I found - is that EPS-file really more than 15 MB...

MB (Megabyte) ...is not MP (Megapixel)

Your image example (#93344940) shows a vector graphic with an image dimension of 3873px x 3873px. -> 3873 x 3873 = 15.00 MP (Megapixels) - The minimum image size has always been 15MP (Megapixel)

Kind regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Please have a look at: Requirements for contributing vector art to Adobe Stock :

"Technical requirements

• Submit .ai or .eps files
  • Artboard size: minimum 15 MP and maximum 100 MP
  • The file size cannot exceed 45 MB"

Best regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mario

Thanks for your reply.

I have seen the terms.

Just one example, I found - is that EPS-file really more than 15 MB - or is it an old image and Adobe Stock have changed the requirements sinceSkærmbillede 2017-10-03 kl. 22.50.02.png Fotolia?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oleschwander  schrieb

...I found - is that EPS-file really more than 15 MB...

MB (Megabyte) ...is not MP (Megapixel)

Your image example (#93344940) shows a vector graphic with an image dimension of 3873px x 3873px. -> 3873 x 3873 = 15.00 MP (Megapixels) - The minimum image size has always been 15MP (Megapixel)

Kind regards,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the clarification, Mario.

Now it works ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I was able to help them.

I wish you every success with AdobeStock!

Cheers

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I do not understand how the concept of resolution for a vector file can be applied. It's about the essence of the size of the sheet on which the vector drawing was created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also stumbled on the size requirements of vector images.

They must be at least 15 MegaPixels which is even larger then a A0-format. (84,1 x 118,9 cm)

5000x3000=15.000 MP equals 176x105 cm which is absurd for vector.

Can anyone explain why this huge format is required by Adobe?

Regards, Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea is to allow a buyer to print or make a product that can be enlarged to huge sizes. A 300 DPI will not make it for this flexibility. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ulimate quality of vector is that it can be enlarged to any size as huge as buyers prefer. So there is no need for vector images with a minimunm size of 15 MP. A4 for simple flat icons up to A3 for more complex vector images would be far enough for any producton size or use. Jos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone of de Adobe Support team give his comment on this issue please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could anyone of de Adobe Support team give his comment on this issue please?"

I would like that too ... must be a problem also for AS that they don't get EPS files from contributors ...! Maybe they don't need EPS files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe must have misunderstod something about vector files ..! Strange and embarresing when they make Illustrator themselves ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it helpful to re-read the beginner instructions again. I also go through many of the free tutorials. I also take notes. Can't hurt! JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oleschwander  schrieb

I can't upload EPS-files – vectors. It says my files are too small ....

What image dimensions do your vector graphics have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this file size requirement mind-boggling. It's a vector. Why does it need to be so big? I have a portfolio with nearly 600 vectors. This means I need to go into each file and resize it. Yet, the 300+ vector images you transferred over from Fotolia are not that size. What gives. This is a lot of work and I want to make sure  that I know I'm doing this right before I undertake this task. I've always sized vector images by inches since they are traditionally used in print. I don't think I'm alone in this. If I was a designer who downloaded this file I'd be upset to receive a file that is 72"x72" and 30MB. Perhaps I'm not clear on this? Please advise. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I find this file size requirement mind-boggling. It's a vector. Why does it need to be so big"

Right - it's crazy. I don't want to upload EPS-files to Adobe any more, it's too complicated ...!

By the way - Adobe files don't sell anyhow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad that you do not have confidence in Adobe. I have many clients in advertising who do use Adobe Stock. It is not easy to get into the practice of submitting files as requested but it is worth learning. Sorry to lose you. Adobe has so many free services and training videos that it is one of the best for new artists. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't lost me. I would just love it if someone at Adobe could explain the logic of huge vector files. As a designer of more than 42 years and someone who uses and sells vector stock nearly everyday, I would be pissed to have such a huge file to wrangle. It's unnecessary and a hassle for users and contributors. The only reason I have vectors on Adobe Stock is because they were ported over from Fotolia. And, they aren't the Adobe required file size. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is totally unsense to require any minimun dimensi on to vector files, vector are vectors, they can be redimensioned as you want, No sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the pixel dimensions of:

• Artboard size: minimum 15 MP, maximum 68 MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5000x3000=15.000 MP equals 176x105 cm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The requirement is a) confusing and b) non-sense. It works best when you upload as a ZIP file with the preview JPEG (at the required resolution) included.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zip file not supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines