• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure Issue

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. Please do not kick me, I am newbie.

Download this image and received a reply 'The rejection reason is: Exposure Issue'

IMG_3918_03.jpg

This photo was aproved at another stock!

What's wrong whith   Exposure?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings sergiip96111600,

Exposure is tricky, this lovely floral arrangement has overly dark dark areas and too light light areas. In other words, it might be worthwhile to look at the exposure and adjust these areas to a happy medium. If you do this and it looks perfectly balanced there will perhaps be a problem with the out of focus areas. Please read the requirements for acceptance into the Adobe Stock offerings.

I will post information links for you to review your work while looking at Adobe Guidelines. Best regards, JH

You can find information paste the link in a browser:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ON THIS PAGE

Applies to: Stock Contributor

Last Published: September 25, 2017

For content to have commercial value, it must be of high quality. Learn about quality and technical issues and how to avoid content rejection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The exposure generally is too dark. You do not have any highlight areas and there is a tendency towards the dark areas. This creates rather a 'dull' image.

Capture.PNG

Notice in the histogram that the pixels are more towards the left hand side and you have clipping. (Pixels piling up on the left of the graph.) So, this shows that the exposure isn't very well balanced. There are also issues with white balance - it's too warm/yellow. You have to be aware of the white balance as you are taking this indoors.

And as mentioned, you also have some focus problems on the flowers. They are not completely sharp.

I would read the links, as these covers quite a lot. Adobe tends to have a higher standard than other stock agencies. This is from my experience.

It would be also a good idea to read about histograms and how they work. They can be very useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sergiip96111600  wrote

Hello everybody. Please do not kick me, I am newbie.

This photo was aproved at another stock!

Nobody kicks you...

Getting pictures approved in one stocks provider does not mean you will get them through in a second one. I have pictures refused here and accepted there...and next time it's the reverse. It's all times a guessing game, even with my best pictures and even if I'm sure that they are perfect.

The exposure can be fixed in limits, but the focus issue will get your image refused a second time and there is nothing you could do against. Be careful to get your images crisp sharp.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Here', they tend towards technically perfect, rather than artistically perfect. As Abambo said, you might find a LOT your images flip flop with who takes them and who doesn't.

In this case, as has been said, it's a little dull and the white balance is a little warm too, so the flowers dont really 'pop'. Probably just need to up the shadow slider a notch, and take the white balance from the white flower, then maybe a touch of vibrancy. Aim to get a good even spread in your histogram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines