Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure problem, but other pictures go through

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi y'all,

I have had the same issue twice where I send a series of photos with the exact same editing, but one of them get rejected for exposure, technical, and what not. For example the following: the one with apples went through, but not the one with roses for exposure issue... I've read around it's real people checking the pictures, but is it really? Or are images send to different people who don't see the same things?

Also, the last one was rejected for noise issues (it's literally due drop on the leaves), but it was shot at iso 125 and I did only basic edits since it seems that sometimes colours are also an issue... so I wonder if maybe it looks a little under exposed with the morning light and it seemed noisy then? I'm a bit confused since I've seen on the site and their instagram really dark photos. What do you guys think?

Thank you!

_N9A9441.jpg_N9A9471.jpg_N9A9480.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Hello nanapf,

I see the apples have good and interesting lighting and it is easy to use several ways, cropped or individual or small group.

The rose might benefit from creative cropping and taking down the deep contrast. The background has a light that distracts from the central rose and the foreground rose is not needed.

The dew on leaves has more contrast than needed. Make it more normal and natural lighting. For stock offerings on Adobe, fewer extremes of things like highlights and dark contrast

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello nanapf,

I see the apples have good and interesting lighting and it is easy to use several ways, cropped or individual or small group.

The rose might benefit from creative cropping and taking down the deep contrast. The background has a light that distracts from the central rose and the foreground rose is not needed.

The dew on leaves has more contrast than needed. Make it more normal and natural lighting. For stock offerings on Adobe, fewer extremes of things like highlights and dark contrast are not necessary.

Take a look at the guidelines for Adobe Stock Contributors. Kind regards. JH

Read these links  "Stock Contributor User Guide"

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanh,

I took note of your advices and will try to change a couple of things, it usually goes through after a second attempt. I was really curious on how it works and since the guidelines don't answer most of my questions, but your comments help, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great pictures. The apples tell a story. The light is naturally falling of. The roses have dark patches. You surly need to work on your cropping there. I suppose that some light cast  on the background would have made great effect. The green leaves are great, but I thought I detected some grain in the darker areas. Careful cropping some of the lower and upper parts and slight noise reduction in the darker areas may help. I do not feel that there is too much contrast in the picture. But it’s worth trying to reduce the contrast slightly. As I’m looking currently your imasge on my iPad, it may not be the correct reference for colour and contrast.

Please keep in mind that flower images are generally more difficult to pass, as the whole mass of such pictures makes the moderator much more critical. A lot of my refusals are flower pictures. You should really try to get the « wow » effect with flowers.

And yes, it may be that pictures are attributed to different moderators. But that’s something we can only speculate.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had issues with flowers pictures before, and so far every time I submit the rejected pictures again they all went through (the green leaves did on the second try with a slightly change in the exposure, so who knows). But the rose one got rejected again, even with a cropping and more light in the background, so I don't know Maybe nobody likes it and that's okay because I don't particularly like it either

Anyway, thanks for your feedback I appreciate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Commercial appeal is the refusal reason for pictures the moderators « do not like ». All other refusals are based on technical aspects.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines