Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extended license

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

Is it correct that if a customer have an extended license they can download any of my photos and sell them as wall art? 
I get like $0.50 and they can sell it for $500?!

I just found a site doing that and I had no idea they would be able to do that. 

Is that correct?!

Looking forward to hearing from anybody 

Michael 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

It sounds like you are referencing an API partner site which buys one time use only licenses when their customers select an Adobe Stock image. This is different than Extended license use. 

Adobe Stock has many API partnerships. These sites are allowed to display the Adobe Stock collection for their customers to choose from. If a customer purchases their product and selects your image to be featured on it, a one-time-use license is purchased through your Adobe Stock account. 

If another custo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn't get 50 cents for an extended license, but sure, that's one of the key uses of stock, especially print-on-demand. You might indeed get 50 cents for a photo used in a multimillion dollar advert, the cover of Time, an Adobe splash page, or for a huge building-sized mural. Or a Church newsletter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a bit exaggerated.  Extended licenses allow buyers to use your image as part of another product for resale. For example, merchandise like textiles, t-shirts or coffee mugs; a movie, commercial or video; product packaging, branding & templates, etc...

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, surely, a printed piece of wall art?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, surely, a printed piece of wall art?

If it was edited and/or composited with other elements to create a uniquely original wall art, sure.  As long as the final product is NOT the original asset itself as that would be theft.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, previous replies have suggested otherwise 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors/posters-and-wall-art-being-on-sold-from-adobe-stoc...

Indeed, I thought I had seen wall art companies who automatically offer the whole Adobe Stock catalog. This seems a legitimate use to me (though I am not a lawyer). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are referencing an API partner site which buys one time use only licenses when their customers select an Adobe Stock image. This is different than Extended license use. 

Adobe Stock has many API partnerships. These sites are allowed to display the Adobe Stock collection for their customers to choose from. If a customer purchases their product and selects your image to be featured on it, a one-time-use license is purchased through your Adobe Stock account. 

If another customer wants to use the same image, another license is purchased. These partnerships drive massive visibility and revenue to Adobe Stock contributors.

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is different than Extended license use. 

==============

@MatHayward,

Thank you for the clarification.  That makes a lot more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines