Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feeling helpless about "Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal"

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

first of all, excuse any misspelling, poor english and false grammar. English is not my native language. I hope you can get the point of my problem.

(By the way: It would be a nice idea to ask some native speakers to translate the phrases to their language. Some german translations on this web page really doesn´t have the same meaning as the english wording)

I´m new to Adobe Stock, so I´m still trying to find my way and get a feeling of the rules. In some cases, I´ve got no problem in understandig the causes for rejecting one or another of my fotos, even if I would come to another conclusion. In other cases, I have no clue, what is the problem, if I compare my works with similar pictures in the stock. I´m totally aware, that many similar pictures in the stock could be the argument for not taking another one with no further benefit.

The following picture ist one of the cases, I don´t understand:

130_3065.jpg

This is a mushroom, called in german "Erdstern", which means something with star and earth or soil. If you search for "Erdstern", you get some results, some of them quite similar in colour und surrounding area, but most of them don´t look star-shaped at all. So, in my opinion, the benefit of this picture could be to have an obvious explanation for the name.

So, if any picture of this kind of mushroom at all is wothy for getting listet at Adobe Stock, why this one is worse than the listed ones?

On the other hand the following one was listet:

130_3040.jpg

Don´t get me wrong. I´m happy, this one was accepted. I just don´t understand the difference.

Perhaps you have some helpful clues for me. Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Gunther

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

With something as subjective as photography, it's always going to be the fortune of who judges it! You can always try resubmitting, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the reviewer didn't realize the significance of the star shape. Maybe they thought it wasn't a naturally occurring phenomenon. For what it's worth, I don't care for the lighting in either photo. They both have harsh, on-camera flash look that I dislike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you mean. Both fotos are the result of kind of a chance meeting and I had no external flash with me. At first I myself was not happy with the reflections and made several trys with diffrent distances as a kind of experiment. These were the best shots in my opinion. But if this would be the point the second picture should have been rejected having the stronger effect.

So still I have the feeling that a big part of the judgements is a matter of fortune who judges your picture, not only of accurately defined criteria...

Thanks for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With something as subjective as photography, it's always going to be the fortune of who judges it! You can always try resubmitting, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s an interesting point. I wasn´t sure if this is tolerated or regarded as breach of the rules or kind of cheating or something. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

027.JPG

I submitted a photo of fishing boats on the coastline of Buzios Brazil and it was rejected for "Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal"

Dare I ask that you search for clouds to discover what is required to meet the fickled standard.

Another interesting point of confusion is that cars and trucks are almost always rejected but a boat or an airplane devoid of any logo is perfectly OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Respectfully,  "Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal" rejection reason is completely bogus.   Example -- I had San Diego beach landscape rejected for this reason on Adobe;   that same image sold for $89 (of which I got 50% -- 44.50 net) on different agency.   So much for "Lack of Commercial appeal"

It is left to the liking of reviewer & thus totally individual.  IMHO it should not exist & QA done for technical / property only. 

If you think image is good, simply resubmit.  Bottom line

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines