• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File appears in Adobe server before FileZilla upload has finished. (???)

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I go to my Adobe Stock Contributor page, and video files I'm currently uploading appear there, waiting for me to submit them for revision, while their upload is  still in progress in FileZilla. How can this be? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

As I understand it, this is a communication issue between the FTP server and the FTP client. It's not really a problem if your files are showing up prematurely. Basically the file is finished uploading before it tells Filezilla it's done. Filezilla looks like it's still working because it didn't receive the "I got it" message from Adobe Stock.

Submit the clip with confidence and I hope it (they) sell like crazy!

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan

When building websites time is set for the duration of certain activity and the duration of progress bars. If the time set for the progress bar is for longer period than it takes the actual upload to complete, then you will continue to see upload in progress even though the file is already completely uploaded. That might be it in your case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jacquelingphoto2017 for your answer.

However, I still don't understand.

When yo say "when building websites time is set for the duration of certain activity and the duration of progress bars", are you referring to the configuration settings of the Adobe Stock website?

Here's the thing: right now when I look at my Adobe Stock panel for "New files", there are several instances of my videos that appear as if they had been uploaded twice, but none of those versions is actually complete. For instance, one video is 25 seconds long in my hard drive, but the two uploaded versions of that same video are 7" seconds and 19" seconds, so both are cut short, one worse than the other. As far as I know, I only uploaded once.

I'll proceed to delete both versions instead of submitting them for revision, then I'll try to upload it again. But I'd like to understand what's happening so I can avoid these errors in the future, specially since uploading each video using FileZilla takes several hours.

Another (related) question: a video that was recently rejected seems to be perfectly fine. I do understand (and accept) that Adobe Stock has a team of people tasked to evaluate and approve or reject all submissions, based on technical aspects but also on commercial appeal, etc. So far I've had 92 approvals and 1o rejections, so I feel I'm generally doing OK. But I want to better understand the criteria in order to improve my submissions. There's one particular video that seems to me should have been acceptable but was rejected, so now I'm wondering if that one too was cut short and I failed to notice that before sending it for review. However, once it's been moved to the "rejected" panel, it cannot be played in order to check if that was the case (nor does it indicate duration). I thought about trying to re-upload it and submit it again, but I understand this may be considered "spamming". Any advice?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that in terms of the duration of each video you're within the required time band, however are you meeting the other criteria as outlined below?

• Videos must be uploaded through FTP
  • Minimum video resolution is 1,280x720 but we recommend submitting Full HD or 4K
  • File format must be either MOV, MP4, MPG, or AVI format
  • We prefer the following codecs: h264, ProRes, PNG
  • Duration needs to be at least 5 seconds and not exceed 60 seconds
  • Maximum file size is 3,900MB (3.9GB)
  • Please avoid vertical or square framing

At Requirements for contributing video to Adobe Stock are some guidelines you should follow.

If there is anything further that you need to know, ricky336​, Abambo​, or MatHayward​ might be better able to assist you on this subject.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only possibility I see is that Adobe allows you to add the additional information needed as soon as there is as much data transferred that is needed to make sense of your data. If the system is designed like that, there is nothing wrong and indeed it would help the users to enter their data and submit the file for review. The review process will start only after the video has completely transferred. As video data is normally quite huge and takes time to upload, that would make sense. Technically this would not be a big problem, as data and metadata are related but separate entries in the database.

This however can only be confirmed by MatHayward​ or someone else who knows the internals of the Adobe uploading process.

BTW: When you upload a bunch of files, the same is happening. Uploaded files appear as soon as the upload of that file is terminated. You can start submitting for review as soon as you filled in the missing data.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still the matter of duplication, or apparent duplication of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there duplication? I don't read duplication in the initial request.

Imagine you have a book. You are currently in progress of reading that book (aka uploading) and someone else is currently copying the metadata (title, author, edition, ...) into the database (aka filling in the metadata like title, keywords, property releases ... and submitting for revision). There would be no duplication involved in this case. There are only different tasks to be fulfilled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, I get your point about file and metadata being separate entities, thanks for explaining via examples, it's helpful to understand that's how it works.

As for file duplication, there are several instances of my videos that appear as if they had been uploaded twice, but none of those versions is actually complete. For instance, one video is 25 seconds long in my hard drive, but the two uploaded versions of that same video are 7" seconds and 19" seconds, so both are cut short, one worse than the other. As far as I know, I only uploaded once.

I'm currently uploading one video file via FileZilla, it's almost 70% done and has yet to appear in my new files panel. I'll keep an eye on it to see how it goes.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo

Can you please elaborate more on your comment in post 9 and make the connection with paragraph 4 of post 3 quoted below?

"Here's the thing: right now when I look at my Adobe Stock panel for "New files", there are several instances of my videos that appear as if they had been uploaded twice, but none of those versions is actually complete. For instance, one video is 25 seconds long in my hard drive, but the two uploaded versions of that same video are 7" seconds and 19" seconds, so both are cut short, one worse than the other. As far as I know, I only uploaded once."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting! Let's wait if Mat can add wisdom to this.

( a screenshot -- private data edited out -- would be helpful)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, this is a communication issue between the FTP server and the FTP client. It's not really a problem if your files are showing up prematurely. Basically the file is finished uploading before it tells Filezilla it's done. Filezilla looks like it's still working because it didn't receive the "I got it" message from Adobe Stock.

Submit the clip with confidence and I hope it (they) sell like crazy!

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mat, both for your help and for the positive vibes about possible future sales.

I just deleted a video that was showing up incomplete in my "New" panel, while it's also in the Revision panel. I can only hope the version undergoing revision is complete.

I have a current upload in FileZilla at 82% completion, which is not showing up yet in the New panel. I'll keep in under observation and will report back on final status, in case it helps us all understand better.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to update: file finished uploading normally, didn't appear in New Files panel until it was done, and has now been submitted for revision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Abambo. What you say seems reasonable, I'll wait for confirmation from MatHayward  as you suggest.

And as jacquelingphoto2017​points out, there's still the issue of duplicated files... hmmm...

Again, thank you all for your help, it's deeply appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS SO MUCH for your replies.

On this point, yes, I'm within all those parameters: videos are 4K, .MOV, ProRes, within the 10-60 sec. limit, less than 3.9 GB, and are being uploaded through FTP (FileZilla).

Thanks also for tagging other forum members who may be able to help.

Regards,

IGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines