• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File declined yet again - release includes all necessary details

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss - I had a file rejected because it didn't include all important info for model release. I re-submitted with that information intact and the photo is still being sent back for re-submission with correct release.

Are we supposed to use the Adobe provided releases for these? I was under the impression that I could use my own release and it's a little frustrating to have to send a new document for my clients to sign.

Here's the photo in question.

aleaguirre-8 small.jpg

Here's a censored copy of the release:

Model Release - sample.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello vektordallas, Here is the latest information from Adobe staff. Hopefully, this will help you understand why the model release needs fixing. Best regards, JH

Requirements for a model release

You can download a model release template from the Adobe Stock Contributor portal, find it here, or route the model release for an electronic signature using Adobe Sign directly from the Contributor portal. The process is straight forward and there’s no need to download any software to make it work. For information, see Upload a model or property release.

Download our detailed checklist to confirm that you are including all required information:

DOWNLOAD

Get file

Use this model release checklist to make sure that the forms you submit comply with our requirements.

Be aware of the following requirements:

• To assure legibility, print all names in CAPITAL LETTERS
  • The name of the photographer must be the same as the Adobe Stock account holder name.
  • Companies and agencies have the right to use different photographers/filmmakers. If you are submitting content as a company, your company name must appear next to the photographer or filmmaker’s name.
  • If the model is under 18 years of age, you must obtain the signature of the parent/legal guardian. Try to get both parents to sign the release—one as the parent or legal guardian and the other as the witness. This precaution reduces the risk that one parent will try to revoke the consent given by the other.
  • If you are a parent photographing/filming your child, you must print your name and sign twice: once as the artist and once as the parent.
  • When photographing/filming a group, you need the names and signatures of each person on a separate release. For example, if you photograph/film the football team, the coach can’t sign for the whole group.
  • The witness cannot be the model or the photographer. A signature from a witness is not required if you use the Adobe Sign feature to collect electronic signatures.
  • All signatures must be dated and the dates must match.
  • The moderators cannot accept a release that appears stitched together digitally.
  • Model Releases must be submitted as JPEGs and titles must be fewer than 30 characters long.
  • The ethnicity of the model.
  • Information about the date and location of the recording session.
  • Visual reference image of the model. A visual reference is required if you use the Adobe Sign feature to collect electronic signatures.

Optional, but recommended:

Acceptable Release Forms

We accept model releases in many languages. We also accept forms obtained from other sources if they include all the required information found in our checklist and are filled out properly. See above for downloadable Model release checklist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t use your own form. There are, however, several forms that are accepted. Please read the requirements for the model release, because those are very important and Adobe does not accept your picture if the model release is not as required.

The problem with model realeases is that a moderator can decide that all the required information are present, but if you use a different form, the moderator cannot know if the release is legally binding as Adobe expect it should be.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You actually CAN use your own form. I finally got it to a point where my images have been approved without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, great. Thank you for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi vektordallas

It is better to use the relevant release provided by the company, other than your own, or that of anyone else. Adobe no doubt has made legal consultation regarding the relevant releases. In addition, the time of the moderators are limited, and it would consume a lot of time to crosscheck to make sure everything is in tact. Depending on the policy of the company it might even require relevant professionals to crosscheck and compare jargons to make sure that what is laid out in your release has the exact same meaning as Adobe's. I don't think you'd want to wait that long to have your image approve.

Comparing the wording of your document and that of Adobe, yours is too general and lacks the element of protection against illegal use. Adobe's document tends to be more specific. And also there's the requirement to add the model's photo to the document before submitting.

In my opinion, the lady on the inside is recognizable. I believe you'll need a release for her also.

In addition to the foregoing comment of Joan and Abambo, I hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines