Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grain/Noise Problem -- would appreciate comments

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_0993 (1).jpg

This picture has not been edited at all. Taken with a Canon DSLR. Grain/Noise problems??

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the metadata on that image, you are using a Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT and it was in auto mode. I have often seen that camera in auto mode prioritize getting the shutter speed and iris to certain settings and cranking the ISO a bit too high. When using Rebels, I always try to keep the ISO as low as possible.

That being said, your ISO was 400, which shouldn't be bad and it doesn't look all THAT noisy to my eye either. it might have been an error by a computer algorithm mistaking the gravel and fine detail in the grass for noise. (I almost made a grass seed/grain film grain/noise pun, but restrained myself.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Yes, the metadata is of course correct. I’m getting frustrated with Adobe Stock as the rejections seem almost arbitrary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might post in the contributors support forum Adobe Stock Contributors​ and see if anybody there has any ideas (this spot is more for, like, artistic critiques, I think.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines